Interesting Uses for Fabric Softener Sheets
Uses for fabric softner sheets
There are many uses for softener sheets other than the normal softening of clothes, adding that wonderful, fresh washed scent to your laundry and taming that annoying static electricity. Read on, you may be surprised at how versatile a regular old fabric softener sheet can be.
- Used dryer sheetsmake a wonderfully effective dusting cloth. They are very efficient at dusting off many household surfaces including: furniture, nick knacks, walls, blinds, vases, picture frames, baseboard and molding.
- Mosquitoes apparently don't like the scent of the fabric softener sheets so to keep them away keep a sheet or two next to you. You can tie one to a belt loop if you are out walking or moving about. Or if you are sitting and enjoying the greater outdoors you can simply place a couple of sheet nearby to discourage them.
- Rubbing a fabric softener sheet over your skin before you go outdoors not only discourages mosquitoes from landing and biting but they will help keep bees and other flying insects from lighting on you and stinging or biting you.
- To help with cat liter box odor, place one or two fabric softener sheets in the litter box. You will be amazed at the difference.
- To discourage ants from marching in by your windowsill, lay strips of dryer sheets along the bottom edge of your windows.
- To keep the clothing items in your closet and drawers smelling fresh and clean place a dryer sheet or two in a convenient little spot.
- They will also help keep that dirty clothes smell from invading your hamper.
- Place a fabric sheet inside an old musty book and you'll be amazed at how fast that musty smell disappears.
- To rid the screen of your computer or television set of static electricity simply lightly wipe them with a fabric softening sheet. It will also keep the dust from settling back on the screens as quickly.
- After you finish your shower, wet a used drier sheet and scrub your shower area to help remove the mineral deposits and soap build up. If you do it right after your shower you have the added advantage of having the heat from your shower soften up the deposits and build up.
- For burnt on food stuck to cooking pans place a dryer sheet and water inside, soak overnight, and wash the nest morning. The burnt on food will slide off just like magic.
- For those paintbrushes with dried on paint that you thought you would never use again,, soak them overnight in warm water and a fabric softener sheet and you won't believe the results.
- For that hot sweaty doggie odor, rub a fabric softener over your dog's fur to keep the odor from invading your house. Make sure you do this before you pet walks in the door.
- To get rid of that stinky foot smell that shoes get every now and then, place a dryer sheet in each shoe overnight.
- To help get rid of that musty old book smell, place a softener sheet inside the book pages.
- Run your needle and thread through a dryer sheet to help keep your thread from tanagling.
- The next time you vacuum place a dryer sheet in your vacuum cleaner while vacuuming. The fresh clean scent will fill the room.
- Placing a fabric softener sheet in your air vents. Every time your heat or air conditioning turns on the fresh smell will fill the house.
- For pet lovers whose animals like to make themselves at home on their furniture, softener sheets at great at picking up pet hair.
- There's also help for dog lovers who sometimes notice that doggy smell lingering in the air. Rub a fabric sheet over your dog's hair and on your furniture.
- To keep your bedroom smelling fresh and clean keep a dryer sheet in your pillowcase and under your mattress.
- To keep your car smelling clean, tuck a sheet in the glove compartment, under the floor mats and under the seats.
- For all the crafters out there there are many great uses for a fabric softener sheet. They are perfect to add interesting texture to handmade cards.
- Scrapbookers can use them for the same thing - interesting textures to add a unique twist to their scrapbooks and photo albums.
- They can also be used to reinforce applique and quilting work. Not only will it help you save money but it will add a fresh scent to your project.
- Tuck a dryer sheet inside your toilet paper roll to add a fresh scent to your bathroom.
- Keep your unused luggage, sleeping bags, boxes in storage smelling fresh with a sheet placed inside. Any item when unused for a period of time will pick up the smell of a basement, shed or attic.
Liquid Fabric Softener Has It's Own Uses Too
- Removing wall paper is one of the most popular alternative uses for liquid fabric softener. Just stir in one cap-full of fabric softener into one quart of water, spread it on the wall paper, let it soak in and work it's magic. In 20 minutes scrape the wall paper off of the wall
- Fabric softener is terrific at removing hairspray residue. Use 2 parts fabric softener with 1 part water. Blend it together put in in a spray bottle, spray the area and clean with a clean cloth.
- One of my favorite uses is to make my own dryer sheets. I can never remember to add fabric softener to the rinse cycle. All you have to do is moisten a washcloth, dab some liquid fabric softener on it and throw it in the dryer.
- It also makes a terrific air freshener. Fill a spray bottle half way with softener and half with water. It smells wonderful when sprayed throughout the house.
- It can be used as a hair softener. Prepare a spray bottle the say way for this as for air freshener. I makes your hair smell so fresh and clean.
Fabric Softner Dryer Sheets
- Low Cost, Homemade Fabric Softener in 5 Easy Steps.
Everyone I teach how to make this money saving homemade fabric softener never goes back to buying the store bought brands.
- Downy or Comfort fabric softener, Which is better?
Downy is better than Comfort fabric softener I personally like downy because it makes the fabric really soft. Downy helps lower the electric bills because the fabric is easier to iron. Sometimes we do not need to iron the shirts and clothes use...
- How To Easily Remove Wallpaper With A Fabric Softene...
Learn how to correctly and swiftly remove wallpapers with a little fabric softener and water! A step-by-step guide.
- Can You Really Make Homemade Fabric Softener?
❃ Making homemade fabric softener is easy and it's also a huge savings. Why pay more for a product full of chemicals when you can make a safer product at home for a fraction of the cost?
- How to use laundry detergent, softener and other cle...
Add detergent and softener before starting the washing program. Never open the detergent dispenser drawer while the washing program is running! When using a program without pre-wash, no detergent should be...
More by this Author
Perseverance is that extra push that keeps you going when you want to throw up you hands and quit. Without that little quality called perseverance you will never meet your goals.
Tea pot decor Pixabay After months of thinking and deliberation you've finally decided to decorate your kitchen in tea pot style. You can't understand why it was so had to decide. You have this terrific set of...
Different styles look better on some than others. We all want to look good, that's a given. To look your best, you need to dress for your body type.