Job Trends for Real Estate Agents
Life changes fast. And if you're going to stay at the top of your game as a real estate agent, you need to be at least as fast as the changes that are happening. There is just too much competition out there to not be up on the job trends in your industry. The main change in job trends in real estate is related to technology, however there are changes all across the field that you should stay abreast of if you're going to get anywhere with your business.
Technology is the place to start because it's where the changes are taking place quickly. Here are some things about technology in real estate that are affecting jobs in the field:
- WiFi capabilities - Whether you sell commercial or residential real estate, it's important that you're working with homes and businesses that are wired for WiFi and other technology. This is one of the biggest demands of your customers today.
- Video marketing - Real estate agents that are doing well in the industry today are making use of video marketing to spread the word about their work. Videos can highlight the inside of homes and businesses so that people from anywhere in the world can get an idea of whether or not they're interested in your properties, saving everyone time and money.
- Changes in house access - Key lock boxes and other tools of the real estate trade will continue to change as technology changes. Make sure that you're staying on top of it; it adds to your professional credibility.
- Listing tools - Like with the physical tools, the virtual tools will change as well. Don't be outdated; as the listing tools change, you should adopt them.
- Social networking - Like it or not, sites like MySpace are here to stay and you should take advantage of the right ones. Be aware of what's out there and what's popular and see how you can use it to your advantage.
Technology is the important area for real estate agents to be attending to but it's not the only part of job trends that are relevant to the issue. Another important job trend in the field is the switch away from the old adage "location, location, location". Sure, location is important. But there are other factors that are important as well - from the previously discussed technology issues to things such as your reputation and impression as an agent and your ability to identify new markets and meet your client's unique needs. So, don't just think location.
Okay, but then what should you think about ... besides technology. The second biggest trend in the real estate field is towards "greening" the industry. Clients are going to be looking for environmentally friendly homes and businesses. You should be ahead of them in the game; learn about the options in your area and be able to suggest green home improvements to people to assist you in making your sales.
More than any specific area - technology, green real estate or moving away from thinking about location - it is important that you simple be knowledgeable about the changes as they happen. Know that job trends are dictated by the social issues of importance to people today; so be aware of them and use them to your advantage.
More by this Author
I don’t know about you but I hate to dust. In fact, I don’t do it nearly as often as I probably should which I’m a little bit ashamed to admit but it’s true nonetheless. Luckily, I’ve...
Cooker hoods are those little devices that you have sitting over your stove. The majority of us don’t think much about our cooker hoods unless for some reason they stop working. As long as they ventilate the stove...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.
No comments yet.