Proven Remedies to rid fleas, lice, mice, rats and other house and garden pests away
Can kerosene kill fleas, lice in dog's bodies?
No, kerosene can not kill fleas, and lice on dog bodies.
Will Lice Shampoo For People Kill Fleas On My Dog?
No, the best thing to use is Adams flea and tick shampoo. No flea shampoo actually totally kills the fleas. Adams works the best. Wash your dog with it, let him sit with it on for 5 minutes and then rinse him and make sure you get a flea comb and comb the flea's out. Most flea shampoos stun the fleas and does not actually kill them.
To Keep Rats / pigeons And Other Garden Pests Away? Use pesticides.
How Can I Eliminate Garden Pests?
- Garden pests include aphids, earwigs, mealy bugs, squirrels, rabbits, grasshoppers, mites, thrips, snails and slugs.
- There are a number of chemical based insecticides that are widely available in most gardening stores.
- These insecticides are potent yet they have several disadvantages.
- They tend to kill both harmful and beneficial insects; they contaminate fruits in the garden, enter ground water and generally pollute the environment.
- An alternative to these is the use of naturally occurring or herbal pesticides.
- These can be citrus fruit, garlic, sesame oil, clove oil etc based.
- All of these are provided by nature and help safely protect your garden.
Use of beneficial insects
- Another effective method is using beneficial insects to fight harmful ones.
- These can be purchased from garden stores.
- Certain plants may have to be grown which attract these insects as well. Some examples include the praying mantis, lady birds, predator mites etc.
Do mice carry rabies? Germs?
- Absolutely, just like squirrels and rats, they are in the rodent family, and they always carry rabies.
- Mice carry lots of germs. Wild mice are major health hazards, responsible for spreading disease.
- They contaminate human homes and food with urine, droppings and fur.
- One disease that may be spread by mice is Salmonellosis, a type of food poisoning - where the victim will suffer gastro-enteritis, fever and headaches.
- Parasites carried by mice include tapeworm, fleas, mites and ticks.
Sense 1--All mammals, including mice are inhabited, internally and externally by microbes (germs) which, for the most part are either symbionts or do no harm.
Sense 2--Among many animals (including mice) in which invasion by parasitic microbes (germs) causes disease, some harboring such microbes will succumb and show disease symptoms; while other will not show symptoms. The latter are said to be carriers, in that they carry the microbes and, in some instances, can or might infect others, but are themselves unaffected by symptoms of disease
4 Diseases You Can Catch From Mice
Wild mice, like field mice, deer mice, and the house mouse, are ridiculously efficient vectors for disease:
- Hantavirus The most famous of the mouse-born diseases is hantavirus. Hantavirus is spread by mouse droppings. When the droppings dry, the powdered dust floats up into the air. When humans inhale the dust, they catch the virus.
- Bubonic Plague. This classic oldies hit continues today! Although most people quickly recover from bubonic plague with a round of antibiotics, it is still a serious matter. Cases of bubonic plague have been reported in New Mexico and Oregon.
- Tularemia This disease is better known as being transmitted by rabbits (thus its colloquial name "rabbit fever") but mice are carriers as well. If inhaled, tularemia causes flu-like symptoms which can progress quickly to death. If introduced through the skin (through a cut, or the bite of an infected animal or transmitting insect) it can cause pustules and skin ulcers. -
- 4. Rickettsialpox This bacterial disease is actually transmitted by the mites which feed on infected mice. When an infected mite bites a person, it initially causes a bump which forms a "black, crusty scab." Within a few days the primary symptoms begin, which include flu-like fever, chills, aches, and weakness. Ricketssialpox also causes a distinctive rash which spreads to cover the infected person's entire body.
More by this Author
Here's Sarah Balabagan life in UAE. She killed her employer in defense of her honor but was saved from punishment by blood money given by Gatchalian. Her songs reveal heartaches suffered by OFWs.
The pertinent kidney law in the Philippines is thoroughly discussed. Vital functions of the kidneys are explained.
Basic information about pinworms, hookworms, threadworms and tapeworms. How to avoid them. Medicine for treatment.
No comments yet.