Light My Fire Sporks – Titanium and Polycarbonate product review and spork buying guide
Light My Fire Spork is one of the best selling sporks that you can buy online and not surprisingly so. It is a spoon, fork and knife all-in-one product scoring top marks on utility, durability and convenience. Read on for a Light My Fire Spork product review for the polycarbonate and the titanium version from a seasoned traveler. And find out how useful a Spork or Foon is while travelling, camping, hiking, eating outdoors, backpacking, backyard munches or in school and office lunch boxes.
Light My Fire Titanium Spork
Light My Fire Titanium Spork is a convenient utensil primarily designed for outdoor eating or eating on the go. The utensil is a spoon, fork and knife combined into one cool spork which has the scoop of a spoon on one end, tines of a fork on the other, and the edge of a small knife along one of the tines. As the name suggests, it is made from titanium and promises to be non-corrosive, non-allergic and non-magnetic. This tough little spoon cum fork cum knife is a hardcore outdoor enthusiast's best friend.
- As opposed to its 0.36 ounce polycarbonate counterpart, the Light My Fire Titanium Spork weighs about 0.6 ounces (approximately 17 grams)
- As it is not colorful or jazzy, you can even use the titanium spork around the household even with your other expensive cutlery
Light My Fire Titanium Spork: Utility and ease of use
- Can be put in lunchboxes, picnic baskets or other packets without occupying too much weight or space
- No longer will you or your kids will be left fumbling with brittle plastic spoons or forks that will break even at the slightest of pressure
- No longer will you need to carry a spoon, fork and knife separately on your camping or backpacking trips
- This titanium spork will literally last the test of time as it is built from Titanium, one of the hardest known alloys – Take it along with you to all you camping or hiking trips and it will come back safe and sound
- An Amazon.com Verified Purchase 5 star review mentions "I just used this on a 10 day camping trip and it was amazing. My dad had a foldable knife, fork, and spoon set but was jealous of the spork after the first few days.."
- Light My Fire also offers a product called the SporkCase for those of you who are worried about cleanliness and hygiene when it comes to storage
Light My Fire Spork: Product (Polycarbonate)
Unlike its titanium counterpart, Light My Fire Spork is made from durable, non-scratching and heat resistant polycarbonate plastic which is dishwasher and microwave safe. This spork too has a scoop, tines and a serrated edged on the side of a tine. Besides outdoor use, it makes for a perfect companion with a school or office lunchbox or a packed meal to be consumed outdoors. They are available in yellow, orange, blue, black, red and pink colors.
Light My Fire Spork: Utility and ease of use
- Spoon, fork and knife combined into one easy to carry and stylish utensil
- Light My Fire Sporks come in different sizes but the lightest ones weigh about 0.36 ounces each approximately 10 grams, while the XM and serving size ones are 0.6 and 1.1 ounces respectively – Ounces and grams aside, these sporks will add literally no weight to a lunchbox, purse, pouch, backpack or a picnic basket
- These sporks are dishwasher and microwave safe, eliminating all cleaning worries
- This product also has a left-hand version called the Spork Lefty which is basically the same spork, but inverted to ergonomically suit left-handed users
- These sporks are available in many colors – Kids will love them
- An Amazon.com Verified Purchase 5 star review mentions "These things are exactly what I was looking for.. They are not made in China.. The spoon is curved enough to actually hold liquid, the fork is sturdy enough to actually poke and hold objects, and the knife can cut things fairly well without cutting your mouth"
- Although made from polycarbonate plastic, Light My Fire Spork is heat resistant and durable, and will not put scratches on non-stick utensils and cookware
A little about spork - What is a spork?
A spork is a kitchen utensil that basically does the job of a spoon and a fork. The spork has a scoop just like a spoon and tines like that of a fork. The combination of the utility and design of a spoon and a fork results in the name Spork, or Foon.
Traditionally, the scoop and the tines of a spork are amalgamated at the same end of the utensil. However, many recent versions of sporks have the scoop and tine at two separate ends. A spork generally has two, three or four tines.
Spork is a combination of a spoon and a fork
Spife is a combination of a spoon and a knife
Knork is a combination of a knife and a fork
Sporf is a combination of a spoon, knife and a fork
Light My Fire Spork and other uber cool untensil and gear
More by this Author
- 7RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses and Stemless Tumblers - Buying guide, advantages and disadvantages
This is a review and a buying guide for the RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses and the RSVP Endurance Stemless Wine Glass or tumbler. Whether you are a diehard wine lover looking to add something different to your ever...
The different types of wine glasses explained, beginner style. Find out more about different wine glasses, their prices and their typical uses. Did you think you could drink wine in just, any glass? Whether you are a...
Is it a sign that my ex still loves me if he keeps calling me? Find answers to this question and more. This post discusses some of the telltale signs that your ex is still not over you.