Make Me Over!
Make Me Over!
"Just a little elbow grease can have your house looking as new as the year"
Start the year right by doing a little cleaning, ridding yourself of last year's jun andd adding little touches to update every corner of your home.
1. Get rid of musty smells by spraying some air deodorizer on your couch and other hotspots.
2. Buy a few new throw pillows in bright colors and toss them on your couch and beds,
3. Go over TVs, DVD players and other electronics with a specialized cleaning solution. It cleans gently and helps repel dust between wipe - downs
4. Give your chandelier/s and glassware/s a quick shine with your own two hands! Put on a pair of cotton gloves; use a damp one to dust and polish, and the other to dry. You can also try this tip in cleaning glass - covered photos and paintings; this will prevent water from seeping into frames.
5. Give furniture a once - over with a soft cloth and no - wax furniture polish. Use a soft brush like a pantry brush to dust nooks and crannies..
6. Turn of the lights and, wipe them with a damp cloth to remove dirt. The light bulbs will look brighter when you turn them back on.
Kitchen and Dining Area
1. Go through your pantry, tossing anything that's past its expiration date. Use a damp rag or microfiber cloth to wide down the items in your dining area or kitchen, before you put them back.
2. For a grubby fridge handles especially textured ones, use Scotch Brite Easy Erasing Pad or other cloths that can work the wonders.
3. Buy new place mats for your dining room and kitchen room tables. If not possible, just make it to a point to regularly clean your old placemats.
Floors, Walls, and Windows
1. Sweep dull hardwood floors, then make them gleam with wax.
2. Clean windows with a squeegee dipped in window cleaner, then dry them with a microfiber cloth to eliminate streaks.
3. Dust blinds with a duster that has an extension handle, them use it to clean cobwebs from every corner. Make it a point to remove pesky spiders as possible, before they become permanent tenants in your home.
Source: Good Housekeeping, February 2008
More by this Author
All your back-to-school beauty problems/ dilemmas - solved Classes are in session for all of you in need of extra help, when it comes to basic-to-school beauty. Once school starts, along with all the extracurricular...
5 Simple Shortcuts for Smooth Sexy Legs: your legs can look a lot better fast, with these simple strategies, you'll have what you want in no time
No comments yet.