A Welcoming Guestroom
How to Begin
A comfortable, inviting guestroom is essential in making your guests stay with you pleasant and stress-free. The key to making your guest feel comfortable isn't money or even extreme creativity. All it really is is an understanding of your guest's basic needs and helping to fulfill them in a seemingly effortlessly manner. So what are these essential needs? A well set up guest room with a relaxing theme that is condusive to a guest feeling as though they are pampered and wanted. To achieve this you don't need to spend a lot of money. You can simply dress up your present guestroom with a few changes. Start with your basic pieces you already have, come up with a theme or general idea of a color that you wish to base the decor on, make sure there are a few of the necessities that all guests need and go to work. Basically you need to just have fun putting it together
Essentials of a Guestroom
- Double Bed or larger with a good comfortable mattress. And of course, lots of soft, fluffy pillows. Some people use extra pillows to prop themselves up at night.
- Freshly laundered and ironed (yes, ironed) bed linens and a comfortable warm comforter. Some people get cold during the night.
- A table or bench to place their luggage on so they don't have to search through it while it is on the floor or bed
- Make sure you have good lighting available in the room. Some people like to read, a good reading lamp is most welcome. As is, for some, a nightlight.
- Extra bathroom linenes set out for their use.
- Provide a comfortable chair to sit and relax in.
- Make sure there is drawer space and closet space for your guests use.
- Provide a clock and a calander, not everyone carries one with them when they go visiting.
- For a reader books are a welcome treasure to find in a guest room. Many people like to read before they go to sleep.
- A basket of essentials such as sissors, pencils, pens, paper, and even a hair dryer.
- Try to keep personal knick knacks and photos out of the guest room. Keep your favorite collectables in another room. Don't put any unnecessary items that you wouldn't find in the room of a fancy hotel.
- Make sure there is a mirror in the room. A full length mirror would be especially nice.
- Make sure they have their privacy.
- For rooms that include an attached bath a basket of bathroom essential is always welcome. A new toothbrush, a small tube of toothpaste, liquid soap, a small bottle of shampoo and cream rinse. All are appreciated.
- Make sure you provide extra toewls, washclothes, pillows, and blankets.
- A beautiful bouquet of fresh cut flowers is always welcome.
- It is always best to use neutral colors for the wall and floors. You want the room to feel peaceful and restful. Add you color splahes with pillows, curtains, flowers, and accessories.
- If possible, add a window seat to the room. Not only does it provide storage for those extra pillows, blankets and towels but it also provides you guest a comfortable spot to sit and relax.
- When including baskets in the room with those little essential extras, make them decorative. A little imagination and craftiness can turn these baskets into decorative pieces.
- The use of a day bed will add floor space and a seating area for you guest by day and a comfortable bed by night.
- Scented sachets in the closet is an especially thoughtful idea.
- Placing extra pillows on the bed will give the appearance of plushness and comfort.
- Creating a focal or accent wall will allow you to easily focus the eye on a specific area of the room, such as the window facing a beautiful view.
- Decorate the walls with restful landscape pictures or vintage pictures. Either one is non intrusive.
- A snmall basket including small packages of snacks and a couple of bottles of water leave your guest feeling welcome and appreciated.
- Decorating Guest Room Walls with Wall Decals
Images from vinyldesign. Wall decals can be a very versatile and fun way to decorate any room in your home, but they can be especially effective when decorating a guest room. Because many wall decals are...
- The Best Guest Room Design Layouts
You want guests to feel comfortable when they stay in your home, but it takes some practiceor some researchto find the best guest room design layouts. You can choose to keep experimenting with layouts...
- Comfortable and Inviting Guest Room Layouts
When guests come to visit, it's important to have a truly comfortable guest room prepared for them. When planning the perfect guest room, it can be helpful to think of what you would expect to find in a fine...
- Creating a Guest Room that is Fit for Royalty
Decorating a guest room in an elegant and sumptuous style can be a very effective method of creating a welcoming space for guests. An elegant style of decorating can also work well for daily use, since...
More by this Author
Fabric sheets are more than just fabric softeners. You wouldn't believe all of the everyday uses for a simple fabric softener sheet. They can be used for everything from keeping ants off your windowsill topicking up...
Tea pot decor Pixabay After months of thinking and deliberation you've finally decided to decorate your kitchen in tea pot style. You can't understand why it was so had to decide. You have this terrific set of...
It's never too early to start making your homemade gifts for the Holidays. You will find dozens of free crossstitch patterns to suit your every need. There's nothing more personal than a homemade gift.