Makita MAC2400 Gas Powered Air Compressor
Today I am going to go over one of the most popular gas powered air compressors on the market, the 2.5 HP Makita MAC2400 Big Bore.
If you want to skip all the boring details and get to the guts of it, the click here and have a read of what people who have already bought the air compressor have to say about it.
What to Look for in a Gas Powered Air Compressor
If you want to buy an air compressor that will last for years after constant use then you better look for at a few different factors.
- Performance is crucial. No matter how well your compressor is built – if it can’t do the job at hand then you are just waiting your time and money. Look for an air compressor that can deliver the required pressure over a sustained period without the need for ridiculous noise levels.
- Durability. It has to be able to keep the performance level up without causing damage to the rest of the compressor. Make sure it can operate at a low RPM (under 2,000) to prevent unnecessary vibration reducing the lifespan of the unit.
- Reliability. A lot of air compressors have high or irregular current draw. This becomes a nightmare on construction sites as it can cause tripped circuits.
- Usability. Maintenance is important on a gas powered air compressors so take into account the location of the oil level indicator and drain. Low noise levels, weight, and size also should be considered.
Key Features of the Makita MAC2400 Gas Powered Air Compressor
- 2.5 Horsepower (HP) motor. The Big Bore engineered pump is the guts of this impressive air compressor while the cast-iron cylinder provides the glory. This system gives the MAC2400 greater bore and stroke to deliver better compression and this leads to higher performance overall.
- The quality tough cast iron construction means that this compressor will last the constant movement in and out of construction sites and the knocks and bumps that follow.
- Oil Lubricated pump and large filter system like those found in the automotive industry allow for increased air intake and therefore much better efficiency.
- Increased efficiency means the Makita MAC2400 runs cool at a low RPM. The competitors are at about twice the RPM.
- Low RPM means low noise and a longer lifespan. Combined with the cast iron construction and you have one tough air compressor.
- AMP draw is low and consistent. This will stop tripped circuits and reduce the risk of related damage.
Specifications of the Makita MAC2400
- Power Source: Gas Powered
- Length: 20in
- Width: 18in
- Height: 18.75in
- Weight: 77lb
- 2.5 Horsepower
- Oil-Lubricated Pump
- Twin-stacked 4.2 gallon tanks.
- Performance: 90 PSI (4.2 CFM), 40PSI (4.8 CFM)
- Maximum Pressure: 0 – 130 PSI
- Noise Level: 79dB
Is the Makita MAC2400 the Best Gas Powered Air Compressor?
If the reviews over at Amazon are anything to go buy then you really should consider the MAX2400. Most customers are extremely happy with the product and have given it an impressive 4.5/5 stars.
It is built to last and performs as specified. It ticks all the boxes of a quality air compressor and at the price it is a sound investment, especially when you take into consideration that Amazon is offering it at 43% off!
If you would like to read more about what people have to say about the Makita MAC2400 then click here now.
Other Gas Powered Air Compressors
If the Makita is a little out of your price range or you are after something a bit more portable – have a look at these other portable air compressors on the market.
More by this Author
Every child I know loves to sing their favorite song at the top of their voice. There is no better way to encourage this creative outlet than giving them their very own kids microphone with stand to make them feel part...
No comments yet.