Movers Tip: What To Do Before You Move In
Just as with moving out, moving in is just as chaotic and busy. Unpacking, getting settled, and everything else makes for a whirlwind weekend. But there are plenty of things to do before one ever even sets foot in their new home. Before you move in there are a whole slew of things that need to be accomplished.
Listed below are a few of the more common things one would have to do before moving into their new place of residence:
1. Before everything is signed and the moving process ever really kicks off, make sure that the home you are looking at is the right one. Do a another walk through and scout out the neighborhood. Also, it is critical to have a home inspection. If the inspection proves the home to be more trouble than it's worth, it's okay to back out.
2. On moving day, you are likely to arrive at your new home before the moving company arrives with your items. If this is the case take the time to look through the home before you start the process of unloading. Make sure the utilities are connected and make sure that all the appliances are working. If something is wrong you'll want to make the time to fix it before it becomes an incredible inconvenience rather than a minor one.
3. Draw out a basic floor plan either before moving day or on moving day so that you can direct the movers to the best of your ability. If you know roughly where you'd like everything to be, time and energy can be saved on everyone's part.
4. Verify everything! You'll want to confirm the date and time of the movers, whether the utilities are connected correctly, whether your change of address has gone through, and all manner of other details. Do this before the truck, equipment, and labor arrives.
5. Make sure your payments have gone through to the movers or to the company you rented any equipment from. One of the last things anyone wants to deal with is a money dispute on top of all the other hassles a move brings about. If you are not comfortable paying with your credit card make sure the company accepts checks or money orders. Be advised that very few companies will accept cash.
- Moving Tips That Will Eliminate Stress
- Packing Tips and Moving Techniques for DIY Moving
Packing Tips and Moving Techniques for DIY moving. Our mission is to instruct the planet about the best ways to move furniture / pianos / antiques / household goods.
- Chapel Hill Movers
Ray Moving and Storage, since 1918 have built a reputation among NC movers as the best relocation company in North Carolina. Local, Regional, National and International movers and an agent for Mayflower Transit. Call 336-855-5881 to get started!
Be sure that you have a plan. The move will go faster and smoother if the family has a game plan for what it will look like. Don't worry about too many details. Simply knowing which rooms should be unpacked first should be sufficient enough to get the ball rolling. It would also be a good idea to know what you will doing about food before your ever start to unpack. A stack of take out menus will be a good enough start.
Remember that moving is a process that starts long before the first box is packed and doesn't end until the vacuum picks up the last packing peanut. Having a general plan as to what your moving day will look like will take out a lot of the stress and a lot of the last minute scrambling.
moving made easy(?)
More by this Author
Dorm to Die For Dorm rooms are traditionally small spaces. Finding a way to store everything in such a limited area can take a little work. Fortunately, there are a number of solutions available to make the most out of...
countertop There are many different types of stone countertops that are offered on the market. One of the most popular nowadays is limestone. In the past couple of years, limestone has become an increasingly popular...
The Kitchen is an important room in most homes, it’s where families cook and eat together. When considering a new kitchen layout it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each.
No comments yet.