Oh, Happy Day, My New Washer | Helpful Hints For The Laundry.
Oh, Happy Day, My New Washer And A Few Helpful Hints.
It’s really funny the things which make women happy. My new washer made me happy.
Most of my married life I have been the kind of person happy with just about anything I get. My husband never had to worry about buying me jewels, pretty little night things, a new car or a fancy vacation. If he got me a warm pair of slippers or a just a vacuum I was happy.
You know the girl on the McDonald’s ad so happy her husband brought her a Shamrock Shake. This would be me the little things make me happy. I’m getting a little side tracked, not unusual for me.
My Old Washer, My New Washer
My old washer was an Amana bought 20 years ago. I loved the old washer with stainless steel tub. Unfortunately, my old washer had started to leak, all over the floor and all down in the basement. It was not a simple fix so we decided because of its age to get a new washer. The old washer went to the basement.
I wanted another Amana, which is American made, but I couldn’t find one in our town. We could have gone out of town, but it takes gas and time and a truck.
We bought a GE 3.6 cubic ft. I don’t know if GE is American made, I tried to find out. They're in the US but are all their parts from China or Mexico or where, I don’t know.
I didn’t want a front loader, way to expensive. We checked on them and they were more than we wanted to spend. We wanted to stay around $500.00. I wanted a stainless steel tub, extra rinse and extra spin. After going back and forth to the only 3 stories, we have here we found the GE for $579.00 and got it for $499.00.
My husband and son carried it in and installed it. I had been saving up some washing for it. I’m fussy about my wash. I know some people use cold water for everything, but I just don't.
I wash whites in hot water and cold rinse.
Work clothes also go in the hot water and the rest in warm.
I love my whites to be white, white. I use to love to hang white diapers on the clothes line. Look out the window and see how white they were flapping in the wind. My neighbor used to say I had the whitest clothes she ever saw. She didn't know how hard I worked at it. I never used fabric softener it clings to the clothes and stays on them for more than one washing. Soap can't get pass the fabric softener. When I sort my clothes I have at least five different piles, whites, blacks, reds, delicate and colored. I always thought my old machine did such a good job. My dryer is also old, but I didn't need a new dryer.
We put the wash in and I watched the machine. I loved the way the water came in like a waterfall. When the machine started up it looked slow to me. I was complaining to my husband it just was not agitating enough. He started laughing and told me it was too late I was stuck with it. I watched the clothes as they were pulled completely down and under the water. They did seem to be moving around pretty good. They weren't just on top like they had been in my old machine even the heavy clothes like rugs and jackets were pulled down deep into the machine. The clothes came out very clean. I WAS HAPPY.
I wanted the extra spin to get the clothes dryer before putting them into my old dryer. My old washer was not spinning my clothes out very well.
Better to spin them almost dry in an energy efficient washer than in the old dryer.
In my old washer, it seems at times soap was left on clothes. I figured I needed extra rinse cycle in this machine I use the same soap, but it doesn't make lots of suds in this machine.
Long gone are the early days of our marriage when we were lugging the clothes to the laundromat. How I hated going to the laundromat.
Washing Machine GE Model GTWN4450MWS
Energy Star Qualified.
HydraWave Wash System
PreciseFill 5 Water Level
Clear Glass Lid
Rain Shower System
Stainless Steel Tub
3.6 cubic ft.
Washer On Video
I put my washer video on with music because in the video all you can hear is my husband coughing and my dog clicking his nails across the floor.
The GE is a very quiet washer. I always use Tide in my washer. It's just something I have always done and don't want to change.
The word on the street is to keep an eye on your Tide; they're stealing it and selling it on the black market. What are they going to take next our Cascade or maybe our Crest?
This refrigerator is the monster in our kitchen ready to go any day now. We bought the refrigerator in 1990.
Our dryer is also over 20 years old, it could go any day now.
Helpful Hints For Washer and Dryer
- Always shake your clothes out and make sure sleeves are out and the item is not twisted around. Turn right side out unless it says to wash inside out. If you wash your bras in the washer hook them, fold straps and all into the cups and put them in a garment bag. Wash in delicate.
- Sort, Sort, and sort is the trick to getting a good clean wash.
- When clothes are removed from washer shake out again before putting in the dryer. The clothes will dry faster and have fewer wrinkles. You will also use less electricity.
- Whites should be washed in hot, rinsed in cold. Bleach once in a while but don't do it every time it will eat your clothes. Always be careful with bleach make sure the item is just white with no color bleach will take out all the color.
- For men: Work clothes washed in hot if there is grease they almost have to be washed in hot to get rid of grease, rinse in cold
- Colored clothes wash in warm or cold, rinse in cold.
- Never put red clothing in with anything but red. If you think something will fade wash it alone first.
- Use the cup which comes with your soap. I have found I don't need to use as much soap as they use. You can cut your soap usage down. Experiment and see what amount works best for you.
- Vegetable oil will loosen grease on men's clothes just rub on the grease spot and wash.
- Baking soda added to the wash, about 1/2 cup helps brighten clothes and makes them smell great.
- Throw a dry towel in your dryer it will help the clothes dry faster. Now you can buy wool balls to throw in the dryer to cut drying time.
- Bath towels, dish towels and dishcloths should be washed in hot water to get rid of germs.
- If your clothes are left in the dryer and get wrinkled throw in a wet washcloth wrinkles will be gone or use Downy Wrinkle Releaser, cheaper to use a washcloth.
- My favorite product, Downy Wrinkle Releaser works great love it for the last minute if clothes come from closet or suitcase and are wrinkled.
- Don't pack your dryer to full it will cause wrinkles.
Update Hints for Washing.
I still love this washer. It works great I thought after I had it awhile I wouldn't like it, but I can't say this. I LOVE IT!
Always check the tags for the instructions on your clothes before doing your wash to make sure they are washed the right way. Clothes sometimes need to be washed in cold water, if the instructions on the clothes say this then you should use cold.
If you take good care of your clothes and sort them the way you should they will last for a long time. Clothes are expensive and need to last a while. My kids clothes were in such good shape I was always able to pass them down to younger nieces and nephews.
If I have something with a stain I add a stain remover like Spray N Wash. Sometimes I use bleach or ammonia to remove stains. Dawn dish soap will get rid of many grease stains. I know we're not supposed to use all the chemicals. If you don't want to use them search the store for environment-safe cleaning products there are many nowadays. How they work I don't know.
Vinegar, Baking Soda and Lemon work well for many stains.
Vinegar can also be used in the rinse cycle to make clothes soft.
If the item is too big don't stuff it in the washer it's not good for the washer. Take very large quilts to the laundromat.
No matter what ironed clothes look the best, but if you don't have the time or don't want to iron then use your dryer to get wrinkles out.
NEVER PUT BLEACH AND AMMONIA TOGETHER IT CAN KILL YOU.
Tops, Shirts and Blouses
If you have shirts or blouses with beads or any kind of decoration on them. You can wash them without worry of losing beads. Turn shirts inside out and fold in the sides and roll them up. Afterwards, put them into a garment bag and put in the washer. They won't be jerked around in the washer.
Garment bags or lingerie bags are good for lots of things you don't want to be ruffed up in the washer.
- Thieves Across The U.S. Stealing Tide Detergent | FOX2now.com – St. Louis News & Weather from KT
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO. (KTVI-FOX2)-Police across the country are noticing a lot of "tide" disappearing from shelves. Apparently, there's a lucrative black market for "tide", with the retail price rising to as much as $20 a bottle.
Do you need a new appliance?See results without voting
Copyright © 2015 moonlakehubpage.com
Oh, Happy Day, My New Washer And A Few Helpful Hints.
More by this Author
This article is about how to repurpose old armoires and tv cabinets, turn them into something beautiful.
Things I hated about selling a house. We have sold two houses. This about all the stress we went through trying to sell them.
This hub is about bottles trees, how to make one and reuse junk.