Palm Tree Care - Part III
Kentia palm, which is native to Lord Howe Island, is a common houseplant. It is easy to care for these palms, here are some care tips.
- Kentia palm requires regular watering. Moist soil is preferred but allow half of the soil or at least 1 to 2 inches of soil to dry before watering it again.
- Fertilize a few times in summer.
- Place the younger plants in bright indirect sunlight. The mature plants can bear direct sunlight.
- Protect it from extremely cold temperatures however it can tolerate low temperatures down to 23 degrees.
Like many other palms, this one is also a hardy one. Here are some care tips for the triangle palm.
- Place it in bright sunlight or partial shade.
- Irrigate it regularly.
- Prevent from extended periods of frost.
The parlor palm is commonly known as Bella palm and Neanthe Bella palm. It is also called the Good luck palm. Unlike many other palms it is a low height palm and reaches a maximum height of 8 feet.
- Keep the soil evenly moist and allow the soil to dry slightly before watering again.
- Fertilize with a very mild fertilizer. It has sensitive roots which will get damaged with over fertilizing.
- Place it in bright indirect sunlight.
A palm species introduced to most of the world in lat 1970s, the foxtail palm is quickly becoming very common among plant enthusiasts. Here are a few care tips.
- Place it in full sun to partial shade areas.
- Although they have a moderate drought tolerance, but water very regularly for a better health and growth.
- Fertilize one to two times a year.
More by this Author
Kentia palms are beautiful plants that can give a lovely tropical look to your garden and in case you decide to have them indoors, they will make a great houseplant especially if grown in large pots. Kentia palms...
Ficus tree is a very common houseplant that comes in a number of different species. Most of its species are native to Indo-Australian region, some are native to Central and South America while others are endemic...
I have collected these random facts from various sources on the internet(like Wikipedia), so they may or may not be true. Now please proceed to reading these interesting random bits. Butterflies cannot fly if their...