Pine Writing Desks
Introduction to Pine Writing Desks
Pine writing desks are popular pieces of office furniture that are becoming increasingly in demand pieces of furniture because of the particular niche that they can fill in the office furniture market place. These desks tend to be inexpensive compared to other true wood desks while still holding up far better than many fiberboard desks that have paneling. This combination of solid wood construction, while maintaining a lower price than most other wood desks, is part of the reason that pine continues to grow in popularity. These office desks are happy mediums behind cheap and well built. These writing desks, as well as pine wood computer desks, are a popular budget choice for this and many more reasons.
Pine Desk PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
Pros of Pine Office Desks
Pine office desks have several positive points that make them attractive to potential consumers. As with any other piece of office furniture, you need to analyze both the pros and cons before making a purchase of any kind. While many people think that pine writing desks are only cheap excuses for office furniture. However, there are many positives that come along with pine office furniture. Here is just a short list of reasons why for some offices, pine furniture could be a good choice:
- Pine is an inexpensive wood, so if you want real wood office furniture but you're on a budget then pine could be a good choice.
- Pine wood is going to be more solid than any fiberboard or equivalent cheap wood substitute.
- Pine writing desks can be made into beautiful aesthetic works that can compete with oak, walnut, or even cherry equivalents.
- These wood desks are often lighter than desks made of other types of wood.
There are many other pros to buying pine wood desks as opposed to their alternatives.
Negatives of Pine Writing Desks
While there are several positives that go with choosing a pine writing desk over another type. But as with any other type of furniture, there are also some negatives that can come with choosing pine office furniture over other types. In the interest of fairness, I'm also going to mention some of the possible negatives of choosing solid pine office desks over other types of desks. Some of these possible negatives include:
- Aesthetic choices. While there are some very good looking pine desks, in general pine desks will not appear nearly as good as desks made from darker wood, or possibly even dark wood panel.
- Weaker than other wood desks. A true pine wood desk is going to be stronger than desks that use fake wood, fiberboard, or other cruddy substitutes, but they are still going to be slightly less durable than oak or walnut.
- Termites. This isn't a likely problem ever, but in the off chance there is an infestation, any wood desk is going to have a problem while the fake stuff won't.
Those are just a few of the potential disadvantages of choosing a pine desk over a different type of wood.
Final Word on Pine Desks
So what's the final word on pine writing desks, or on solid pine office furniture? There is no definitive final word because each individual consumer has different specific needs. For some people, pine office furniture is a great potential solution to their office needs. Other consumers, however, might need something a little different. Each and every specific office and buyer will need a desk that meets their individual needs and aesthetic preferences. For some people this will mean solid pine furniture, for others, this might not be the best option. Still, there are enough positives that good pine writing desks should be given their fair shake.
Writing Desk Links & Resources
- Jerry's Writing Desk Store
Good online Astore at Amazon.com with a wide variety of different writing desks.
- Writing Desks
Squidoo lens all about various types of writing desks.
- Cherry Writing Desks
Cherry writing desks are some of the most beautiful and popular around. Cherry wood is renowned for its natural beauty and for the easy way that this type of lumber can be molded and shaped to make any type of quality desk.
- 3 Reasons to Choose Contemporary Writing Desks
An article at Ezinearticles giving 3 reasons why to choose a contemporary writing desk over other models.
- Solid Wood Writing Desks
Good article all about wood writing desks.
Pine Writing Desks Poll
What's your opinion of pine writing desks?See results without voting
More by this Author
Oak writing desks are one of the most popular choices in writing desks today, and it's not hard to see why. Oak is a very sturdy and popular wood, one that has been used in the construction of homes, boats, and...
Bigger is always better, right? When it comes to writing desks, think again. While sometimes the right bit of office furniture is a large desk that takes up two walls, there are many times when a small writing desk...
Strong alcoholic drinks are a staple for people who love to have fun and don't want to have to go through four bottle s to do it. Whether you're looking for the strongest mixed drinks, or the tastiest alcoholic...