Annual Flowers For Partly Shade Gardens
Annual flowers for part shade
- COLEUS - Blooms white or lavender flowered spikes in late summer and have multicolored leaves. These plants grow 6 - 36 inches tall.
- IMPATIENS - These plants bloom all season with 2 inch wide flowers in a wide variety of colors. They have single and double blooms. These plants grow 6 - 18 inches tall.
- WAX BEGONIA - These plants bloom all season with 1 inch flowers in a wide variety of colors. There leaves are green to a bronze-red with a glossy texture. These plants grow 6 - 12 inches tall.
- BUSH VIOLET - Blooms all season with star-shaped flowers in colors of blue, white, or violet. These plants grow 12 -18 inches tall.
- ANGEL'S TRUMPET - These plants have large trumpet shaped flowers that are scented. They grow 3 - 5 feet tall.
- EDGING LOBELIA - Blooms all season with tiny red, blue , violet and white flowers. These plants grow 4 - 8 inches tall.
- FIVE-SPOT- These plants have bell-shaped white flowers with purple tips which bloom early spring. They grow 6 inches tall.
- FLOWER TOBACCO - These plants have star shaped flowers in a variety of colors. The most popular colors are white and red. These flowers have a strong fragrance at night. Some plants grow as tall as 3 -6 inches and others at 12 - 36 inches.
- ANNUAL FOUNTAIN GRASS - These plants have color spikes in pink, purple and copper and they grow 2 - 4 feet tall.
- BLACK-EYED SUSAN VINE - These plants have orange or white flowers with dark purple centers which bloom all season. Since it is a vine it likes to climb or let them hang down from a planter.
Biennial flowers for part shade
- CHINESE FORGET-ME-NOT- Has gray-green foliage with tiny blue or white flowers. These plants grow about 2 feet tall.
- SNOW-ON-THE-MOUNTAIN - Has white edged leaves from early summer to frost.These plants grow 18 - 24 inches.
- FORGET-ME-NOT- Blooms in winter or spring with tiny blue flowers with white centers. Grows 9 -12 inches tall.
- VIOLET PANSY - Blooms in winter or spring. They come in bi-colors and tri-colored flowers. These plants grow 4 - 3 inches.
Not all Vegetable Plants need full sun
More by this Author
In this hub you will find some of the benefits each of these teas have for making home made ice tea and the other ingredients that is added and this ice tea tastes great. There is a video that is added to this hub that...
In this hub you will find pictures of your basic roses that are grown in gardens, along with some pictures that show different types of roses grown around a patio. Also there is a video in this hub that talks about how...
This hub gives a little history about Homesteaders, what they did with their vegetables, compared to how we preserve our vegetables today.I also have two awesome videos on "How To Dehydrate Your Fruits and...
No comments yet.