Perennial Flowers For Partly Shade Gardens
SOME PERENNIAL PLANTS
- GOATSBEARD(Aruncus dioicus ) - Blooms in summer with large feathery plumes of cream flowers that last up to four weeks. These plants grow 4 - 6 feet tall.
- PLANTAIN LILY(Hosta) - Blooms in summer with white, lavender or violet flowers. These plants grow 1 - 2 feet.
- BUGBANE, BLACK SNAKEROOT( Cimicifuga racemosa) - Blooms in summer with spires of white flowers that are scented. These plants grow 3 - 8 feet.
- LUNGWORT( Pulmonaria) - Blooms in spring with blue or pink funnel-shaped flowers.These plants grow 8 - 12 inches.
- BEE BALM( Monarda didyma) - Blooms in summer with red, pink, white, or lavender flowers.These plants grow 2 - 3 feet tall.
- BERGENIA( Bergenia) - Blooms in winter or spring with red, rosy purple, lilac, pink or white bell-shaped flowers. These plants grow 1 -1 1/2 feet tall.
- VIRGINIA BLUEBELLS(Mertensia virginica ) - Blooms in spring with pink flowers that turn purplish blue. These plants grow 1- 2 feet tall.
- BLEEDING HEART( Dicentra spectabilis) - Blooms in spring with white or pink flowers dangling on arched stems. These plants grow about 2 1/2 feet tall.
- FALSE SPIRAEA( Astilbe) - Blooms in summer with white, red or pink ferny foliage flowers.These plants grow 1 1/2 - 4 feet.
- COLUMBINE(Aquilegia) - Blooms in late spring, early summer with a variety of colored flowers. These plants grow 1 - 3 feet.
- JAPANESE ANEMONE( Anemone x Hybrida) - Blooms in late summer, early fall with white, rose or pink flowers. These plants grow 1 - 3 feet.
- FANCY-LEAFED CALADIUM(Caladium bicolor) - Leaves come in colors of red, pink, white. green, silver or bronze. These plants grow 1 - 3 feet tall.
Deciduous Plants - Perennials
- SUMMERSWEET( Clethra alnifolia) - Shrub - Blooms in late summer, early fall with tiny white or pink scented flowers. These plants grow about 8 feet tall.
- WOOD FERN( Dryopteris) - Evergreen Fern - These ferns give a welcome touch of greenery in gardens. These plants grow from 1 1/2 - 3 feet tall.
- ROYAL FERN( Osmunda regalis) - Evergreen Fern - These ferns when mature produce rusty-brown flower plumes. These plants grow to 6 feet tall.
- SQUILL( Scilla) - Bulb - Blooms in late winter or early spring with blue, pink or white tiny star shaped flowers or bell shaped flowers. These plants grow 6 inches tall.
This Video is great for Beginners
More by this Author
This hub gives a little history about Homesteaders, what they did with their vegetables, compared to how we preserve our vegetables today.I also have two awesome videos on "How To Dehydrate Your Fruits and...
In this hub you will find pictures of your basic roses that are grown in gardens, along with some pictures that show different types of roses grown around a patio. Also there is a video in this hub that talks about how...
In this hub you will find some of the benefits each of these teas have for making home made ice tea and the other ingredients that is added and this ice tea tastes great. There is a video that is added to this hub that...