RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses and Stemless Tumblers - Buying guide, advantages and disadvantages
This is a review and a buying guide for the RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses and the RSVP Endurance Stemless Wine Glass or tumbler. Whether you are a diehard wine lover looking to add something different to your ever growing collection of the Bordeaux, Burgundy and Champagne Flute wine glasses. Or you are looking for the perfect gift for your wine lover friend, stainless steel wine glasses are a cool, trendy and an uber hot pick. Let's review and look at advantages and disadvantages of stainless steel drinkware.
RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses by RSVP
As the name suggests, the RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses are well, wine glasses made from stainless steel. The nearest it can come when compared in shape with traditional wine glasses is the Bordeaux wine glass. Why? Because the bowl of the wine glass is not too big and it is tad taller than the generally wider Burgundy glasses.
- RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses are made from stainless steel
- They can hold 8 oz. Or approximately 240 ml
- They are dishwasher safe and also strong enough to be used outdoors, at picnics or other trips
- Exteriors are brushed while the interiors are polished
- Like any other traditional wine glass, the RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses have a stem, allowing for a convenient hold
- RSVP claims that the stainless steel bowl of the glass keep wine chilled for longer than crystal or actual glass wine glasses
- Either Red or White wine can be served
- Design and visual appeal is very chic and contemporary
RSVP Endurance Stemless Wine Glasses by RSVP
RSVP Endurance Stemless Wine Glasses are exactly like wine tumblers, except that they are made from stainless steel. Like other modern stemless wine glasses made from lead crystal glass, the bowl of the Endurance Stemless Wine Glass cannot boast of certain aroma enhancing properties that traditional wine glasses can boast about.
- RSVP Endurance Stemless Wine Glasses are made from stainless steel
- These glasses can hold up to 18 oz. Or approximately 530 ml
- These tumblers are not fragile as opposed to their glass counterparts and hence can be used outdoors
- Exteriors boast of a satin finish and the interiors carry a wonderfully polished mirror finish
- Can be used for Red and White wine
- Similar to its stemmed counterpart, the stemless stainless steel tumblers also promise to keep drinks chilled for longer than real glass or crystal glasses
- They are easy to carry around because they won't break easily and easy to store because they don't have a stem – perfect for those romantic moments sharing wine on a camping or an outdoors trip in the RV
- Contemporary and sleek design guarantee that these glasses will attract stares on virtually any kitchen bench or bar table
Stainless steel wine glasses: Challenging tradition and the fine art of oenophilia
Oenophiles, wine lovers and connoisseurs of this magical drink will tell you how big a mistake you will make if you decide to buy stainless steel wine glasses. This review aims to be unbiased and hence let's look at why many hardcore wine lovers and followers of the imperfect and controversial science of wine tasting will tell you to avoid adding these fashionable glasses to your collection.
- Traditional wine glasses are supposed to be made from high quality lead crystal, or in plain English, glass. Inferior quality wine glasses may be made from inferior glass material.
- Bordeaux and Burgundy wine glasses are designed and shaped in an intricate manner. Their bowls are delicately shaped in order to maximize and enhance the flavor and taste of different types of wine. Full bodied and heavy wines like the Cabernet Sauvignon in case of Bordeaux and Pinot Noir in case of Burgundy.
- Besides flavor, aroma, taste and the other elements of wine tasting, there is also the visual factor. One of the most important elements of wine tasting is the delightful sight of watching the wine swirl in the transparent glass bowl. This cannot be replaced by an opaque and bland stainless steel glass bowl.
Stainless steel wine glasses: Should you buy them? Absolutely yes, and here's why
Now that you know more about the features and some specifications of the RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses, here's why you should buy stainless steel wine glasses despite the controversies in the world of oenophilia.
1) Stainless steel wine glasses are very fashionable and chic
The first and foremost reason that goes in the favor or stainless steel wine glasses is their visual appeal. Guaranteed to spice up any contemporary or modern décor, these glasses have broken traditional boundaries and taken the wine drinking experience to a whole new level. Imagine the steel glasses with the stems standing tall and sleek on a kitchen bench or on a bar table with a dim light setting. If that does not get you dreamy, imagine a candlelight dinner with your partner and the light of the candle bouncing off the steely surface of these glasses. Absolutely chic, very hot and aesthetically marvelous!
2) Stainless steel wine glasses don't break that easily
RSVP does not claim these glasses to be absolutely 'drunk-proof' but stainless steel wine glasses are extremely sturdy and break-proof when compared to their lead crystal or plain glass counterparts. The fact that the drinker does not need to worry about a delicate glass, promotes a carefree drinking experience. RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses are dishwasher safe too.
3) Perfect for outdoors and trips
Have you ever gone camping, with your loved one and carried along a lovely bottle of red, only to end up drinking from a steel coffee mug? We've all done that. After all, you wouldn't bother carrying your lead crystal wine glasses in your backpack, would you? They are great to be used during a backyard or a pool party, an awesome accessory to have in your RV or a backpack while camping and around your bar in general. Make them your 'travelling wine glasses'.
4) Something different – Stainless steel wine glasses are a conversation igniter
Everyone has a set of lead crystal or plain glass wine glasses. But not everyone has a set of stainless steel wine glasses. Without a doubt, if you plan to entertain a bunch of guests, these unique and exquisite glasses will be the point of conversation for the first few minutes. It always feels nice to see and do something in a way different than every time over and over again. Besides being a fantastic gift idea, these glasses can also simply be an addition to your existing collection of wine glasses.
5) Utility vs. Looks: Stainless steel wine glasses strike a balance
The stainless steel wine glasses strike a great balance between utility, practicality and the other not-so-logical elements of the art of tasting and drinking wine. No longer do you need to worry about broken glass or having to put the glasses at the right spots around the house in case of a part. Someone can knock over an empty glass and not have to feel embarrassed for breaking drinkware. You can even use the tumblers for drinks other than wine. You can even chill the glass in the fridge or the freezer to enhance your drinking experience with super chilled glasses. In a nutshell, the RSVP Stainless Steel Wine Glasses stamp a bold style statement with a power packed utility value.
Stainless steel wine glasses and similar products on Amazon.com
More by this Author
Looking to buy cool shot glasses? From skull shot glasses to ice shot glasses and from unique shot glasses to novelty drinkware, this list is has some of the cheapest shot glasses that you can buy online. All the...
The different types of wine glasses explained, beginner style. Find out more about different wine glasses, their prices and their typical uses. Did you think you could drink wine in just, any glass? Whether you are a...
Is it a sign that my ex still loves me if he keeps calling me? Find answers to this question and more. This post discusses some of the telltale signs that your ex is still not over you.