Make Bug Repellent, Fix a Chip in Auto Glass or Repair a Nick on the Stove, Make Dry Shampoo or Hand Cleaner and more!
In these hard economic times you can save money, time and energy using home made tips and remedies just like the ones in Grandma's cupboard. Be encouraged and be Blessed.
- Roach Remedy Rid them for good. Mix equal parts of corn starch and plaster of paris. Put in the crevice's where the roach enters. Killer stuff. Roach gone. Then sell the remedy to your pest control dude. JK.
- Repel Ticks and Gnats Ticks hate the smell of chest rub, Mentholated. The gnats and mosquitoes will repel you. Rub some on your arms, hands and legs before going into the woods.
- Cover nicks on appliance's. Take correction fluid fluid and paint on the nick or chip in sink, stove, bathtub, refrigerator or appliance. When Dry take clear polish and paint on top of the correction fluid.Viola, no one will now the better!
- Stop the chip in windshield. Spread a small amount of clear nail polish on the chip or at each end of the crack. It works every time.
- Broken tail light or headlight Get the clear packing tape and repair the headlight, use clear or red duct tape for the tail light.
- Lid stuck on Nail Polish or Nail Glue Drop the nail polish or nail glue into full cup of water. Bring water to a boil in the microwave. Hot stuff so be careful. Use a towel or mitt and twist off the lid
- Thick nail polish. Add a few drops of nail polish remover to the nail polish put lid back on then shake well and the polish is ready to use.
- Green Hair remover With summer approaching swimming is a high lite for many. The chlorine can turn a head of Blondie or light brown hair green in a minute. The trick with swimmers hair is to rid the green early before it builds up in the hair. A helpful tip is to apply a a spray leave in conditioner or a tablespoon of regular conditioner into the hair and comb it through before swimming. To rid the green without spending allot on special shampoo's take 12 ounce's of Club Soda and pour onto clean hair after swimming. Work the club soda into the hair, wrap a plastic cap around the head and hair, clip it on. Leave it on for ten minutes. Shampoo and condition the hair as normal. Like magic the green tinge is gone. Another tip is to use red Kool-aid, one package to one/half gallon of water. No sugar, apply rinse, repeat as needed.
- Dry Shampoo Place about 3 tablespoons of Baking Soda into the palm of your hands. Work into the hair from the scalp to the ends then brush out the hair.The hair will be fluffy and refreshed of oils and grime buildup. This is very good for one in the hospital or for a quick fix. It is allot better then no shampoo.This also works well for Fido, the dog.
- Remove Grime and Dirt from Gardener or Working Hands. Mix a tablespoon of oil and a teaspoon of salt or white sugar into the palm of your hands, rub hands together cleaning under the nails.Rinse with warm water, pat dry. This will leave your hands squeaky clean and soft. Great excavator for skin too.
- For more skin tips using olive oil and sugar or salt
Take this Poll
Will you use these remediesSee results without voting
More by this Author
The Holy Spirit moves like the wind to touch the hearts of those that need touching. He makes the way before us. He convicts the World of sin. He is all in us, on us and everywhere to proclaim the name of Jesus.
Think for a moment. How many times have you come very close to getting hit by another vehicle while driving? How many times did you miss hitting someone by a split second in your vehicle while driving? God sends angels...
Macarius felt drained. Each time he encountered the slave market it was like he went on an emotional wagon ride of peaks and valleys. Today he recalled his situation and knew it was God that pulled him from the pits to...