25 Roses Suitable For Tropical Climate | Fertilizers to Get Big Bloom Flowers
Fortunately, roses are very adaptive to different types of soils and climatic conditions. Nowadays, roses are also budded on rootstalks which have a strong root and a built to thrive in varied conditions. Though, most roses offer beautiful flowers in cold weather, the miniature roses are of the class that have the capacity to flower throughout the year. You just need to check that their roots do not get dried up in summer and unfortunately, they are also susceptible to mites. 25 names of large flowered varieties of beautiful roses that are suitable for tropical climates of Delhi, Hyderabad and Guntur in Andhra Pradesh and Mumbai, India are:
- Gladiator Rose
- Papa Meilland Rose
- Ace of Hearts Hybrid Rose
- Ingrid Bergman Rose (All Red)
- Mullard Jubilee Rose
- Peter Frankenfeld Rose
- First Prize Rose, all pink
- Montezuma Rose
- Summer Holiday Large Flowered Rose
- Lovers Meeting Rose
- Princess Rose, All Orange
- Golden Medallion Grandiflora Rose
- Freedom Rose, All Yellow
- White Masterpiece Rose
- Jawahar Rose All White
- Blue Moon Rose
- Paradise Rose, All Lilac Mauve
- Double Delight Rose
- Touch of Class Rose
- Perfect Moment Rose
- Ajanta Caves Rose
- Osiria Rose
- Orient Express All Rose, tricolors
- Tata Centenary Roses
- Calcutta 300 Roses
Fertilizers to Get Big Bloom Flowers
To obtain big bloom flowers of your rose plant:
- Mix 1 kg sterameal or any tannery waste manure,1 kg of any oil cake, 500 gm of single superphosphate, 250 gm of potassium, 150 gm magnesium sulfate, 50 gm of iron chelate fertilizer (it is available in different brand names also contains trace elements).
- Now if your plants are on beds then apply 100 gm of above mixture in every 6 weeks along a circular canal dug 10 inches away from the base of each plant.
- Work out the manure well through the soil with a fork or hand hoe.
- Water the plants generously for three consecutive days even if the soil is wet.
- If the plants are in pots, then apply 30 gm of above mixture in every 15 days 6 inches away from the base. Water as described above. Remember this watering is very important for best response of the fertilizer.
- Regular liquid feed of equal quantity of raw cow dung and oil cake decomposed in an earthen vessel for 7 days.
- Mix 1 part of above slurry in 20 times of water.
- A few hours prior to the application, water the plants normally.
- It can be applied once or twice a week.
- In summer it is better not to use any fertilizers.
- A dressing of generous farmyard manure is to be applied after pruning.
- In large flowered varieties disbudding extra buds and keeping only the terminal bud produces a bigger flower.
- In clustered flower varieties, no disbudding is needed.
I hope above names of 25 rose plants that grow well in tropical climates and fertilizers to produce big bloom flowers might be helpful for your gardening needs. Best of luck.
More by this Author
I was very frustrated a few months back because my electricity bill was ruining my life, as it was very high. The huge electricity bill, which comes every 56 days at my home, was disturbing the balance of my monthly...
How to buy real estate in Leh Ladakh? I mean you have written so much on Leh Ladakh so I was wondering do you have any advice about buying land or buying an already constructed flat or house or villa in Leh. Please let...
Seven Indian bikes in the 50k to 70k range. This list is old but is still useful for many.