Self Stick Floor Tiles - A Good Choice?
There are several types and styles of self stick floor tiles that you may want to consider for your next home improvement project or remodeling job. You will find that this type of flooring can be a really good option for just about anyone looking to make a change in their home, whether it’s for the bathroom, living room, kitchen, or entryways. Let’s explore some of the pros and cons of this type of flooring, so you can make an informed decision on whether or not to used self stick floor tiles for your project.
· Ease of Installation: This may be the biggest reason many people choose to use self stick floor tiles. You will find that even those with relatively minimal carpentry skills can install this type of peel back adhesive flooring.
· Low Cost Installation: If you decide not to install it yourself, you will still not spend too much money, since the installation process is very quick compared to other materials, especially if done professionally.
· Variety: If you are considering buying expensive or cheap self stick floor tiles, you will have lots of options to keep in mind. You can use vinyl squares, faux wood planks, and even ceramic in some cases. You will not run out of options to keep in mind.
· Price: The upfront pricing of this type of flooring will vary a lot. Some will be cheap and some will be expensive, but for the most part, the cost is relatively low when compared to many other options that you may be considering for a self stick floor tile project.
· Poor Grade Adhesive: Now, this will not apply to all self stick floor tiles, but many have a poor adhesive that will be exposed when the paper is peeled back. You need to use extreme caution and make sure you get a decent adhesive flooring option, which may not be cheap.
· Tiny Gaps: When you install this type of flooring, you will almost inevitably have at least some small gaps and cracks where the self stick floor tiles connect. This can be somewhat of an eyesore, and more importantly, it can allow water or other liquids to seep in the crack and weaken the adhesive.
· Limited Uses: Areas below grade, like a basement, and areas with high moisture, like a bathroom, may not be a wise choice for self stick floor tiles. If you don’t buy cheap flooring, you should be okay, but be sure to read the directions carefully.
More by this Author
You don't need to win a computer to get a free laptop as a student or low income family. There are many charitable organizations that will give you a new one, free of charge.
Once you find the millionaires or rich and famous people giving away cash, you need to know how to properly construct a letter to them. You can get them to send you money.