Sex on a Memory Foam Mattress
If you have seen all the commercials, you probably know that memory foam mattresses promise an unmatched level of comfort that will put your old mattress to shame. What you may not know is that these technologically advanced mattresses can offer a whole lot more. Believe it or not, more people are coming out to make the claim that the memory foam mattress is one of the essential keys to a better sex life. Sound farfetched? You may not think so after reading this.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Sex on Memory Foam Mattresses
It is no secret that next to sleep, sex is the activity that generally occurs the most on the average bed. For this reason, it is pretty safe to assume that how well suited a mattress is for sex is often a crucial factor in the selection process. According to a recent study, an estimated 60% of memory foam mattress owners reported that sex was better or at least no worse than on other types of mattresses. The remaining 40% of users commented that it actually worsened the experience. It is also interesting to note that a small percentage of users said the mattress was great for sex, but horrible for sleep and vice versa. As you can see, consumers are very divided on this matter.
If you are someone who plans to buy a memory foam mattress on the basis of sex, the following pros and cons might come in handy when making your decision.
- Ultimate Comfort
Several memory foam mattress owners state that the foam's traction works to their advantage, providing enough comfort so that various active parts of the body do not become soar during intercourse.
- Encourages a Faster Climax
According to some owners, the traction of the mattress allows for greater efficiency, thus resulting in a faster climax. This could be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.
- Helps Facilitate New Positions
A large number of memory foam mattress owners have said that their bed gives them better control because how the body sinks into it. This gave those particular users the leverage to enjoy sex in positions that were not able to be performed comfortable on other types of mattresses.
- Hinders More Aggressive Sex
Some memory foam mattress owners have complained of traction and temperature responsiveness, two elements that cause the body to sink further into the bed during hot-tempered intercourse. This drastically limits mobility and could damper the night of the couple who likes to get acrobatic in the bedroom.
- More Energy Consumption
Touching on the point above, many owners have stated that the traction of a memory foam mattress requires them to expend more energy and tire considerably faster. In some cases, this led to cramping and aching muscles.
- Too Stiff
Memory foam mattresses offer little to no motion transfer, which basically puts a wrap on the traditional bouncing effect. For some owners, this makes it far more difficult to get into a good rhythm.
When it comes down to it, the quality of sex on a memory foam mattress all depends on one's individual preference. Being that this has become a hotly debated topic, you should not hesitate to ask the retailer for an expert opinion on the matter before making your final decision.
Read More Hubs!
- Memory Foam Mattress Maintenance
If you have recently purchased a memory foam mattress or you are thinking about how well a foam bed might suit you, you will find that one important thing that you need to be aware of is how to take care of...
- All About Memory Foam Mattresses
A memory foam mattress could be the thing you need to improve your sleep and make your nights a lot more restful. Foam mattresses (commonly called memory foam mattresses) include visco elastic foam to provide...
More by this Author
If you are someone who would love to have the advantages of a great memory foam bed, you will find that you have a world of comfort ahead of you. These beds are lovely to sleep in, and if you ever wake up and realize...
Memory foam has become very popular as a material to sleep on. It's very comfortable, and a memory foam mattress or memory foam topper can transform your sleep experience. However, memory foam mattresses and memory...
Espresso is a very popular finish that goes with modern and contemporary decor. Many consumers are unclear as to what color espresso really is? I'm going to explain what you can expect with espresso.
No comments yet.