Tackling Your Yard This Spring
By February and March, many who experience snowy winters are dreaming about sunny days in a lush, green back yard. To make sure your outdoor space meets its potential and fulfills those dreams, several projects must be started as soon as the snow melts and long before the trees begin budding. A Greensboro equipment rental company recommends taking the initiative to complete these important early spring projects to lay the foundation for a successful and beautiful growing season.
- Pruning: Almost anything with vines or branches can be persuaded into a more aesthetically pleasing shape with some well-timed and well-done pruning. Early spring is the perfect time to direct the growth that will soon be occurring, whether with a small hedge clipper or a chain saw. From small shrubs to large trees, you can add shape and increase the plant’s health with an early spring prune.
- Clearing: The back to back combination of fall leaves and winter snows can result in quite a mess when everything melts. Lawns, plants, and flowers need space, air, and light to grow, so early spring is the time to make sure dead leaves, branches and other debris aren’t suffocating new growth. Lawns, gardens, flower beds, and other landscaped areas need a vigorous raking or dethatching to clear away all the accumulated materials that might hamper their health.
- Equipment Rental for DIY Landscaping
- Landscape Design Ideas
DIY Network has landscaping ideas to increase curb appeal and home value, and instructions on how ot turn your yard into a place for growing, relaxing and entertaining.
- Made + Remade - Craft Ideas and How-to Projects from DIY Network
Find inspiration, how-to instructions and resources for all your indoor and outdoor craft projects with info from the experts at DIYNetwork.com.
3. Washing: The time between accumulated snow and flowering plants is probably the time of year when your home, deck, and walkways are most accessible. This makes early spring one of the best times to treat these surfaces to a power wash without having to worry about crushing the petunias with a ladder. In addition, snow removal and salt can leave driveways dirty, and the grime that ice and snow have collected has probably been deposited on your siding and deck, so a power washing is likely in order anyway.
4. Repairing: Repainting, re-varnishing, resealing, patching, and fixing all make great spring projects. Making sure all of your structures, from benches to decks to fences to walls to fire pits to swings, are in their best shape well before you begin using them again. This will get these projects out of the way so that you can focus on green and growing things when the time comes, and it also assures that your outdoor features are sturdy and ready to use on the first sunny day. Winter weather can be hard on both the structure and appearance of outdoor items, so let spring be your annual reminder to give them all a check.
5. Enhancing: If you were considering a new retaining wall, raised flower bed, or an extended fence, consider getting it done in spring. Adding these features early on will help you envision your yard and allow you to seed and plant accordingly. Projects like this are bound to disrupt grass growth, so if they are completed early, you can re-seed right away so that the new grass grows with the rest.
This may sound like a busy springtime schedule, but after a winter spent inside, you are probably eager to get outdoors. One great way to get started on these spring projects is to take a trip to your local equipment rental center and peruse the equipment you will need. These seasonal improvements don’t need to break the bank, since you can rent all the tools and machines they require. With this list of spring projects and the right equipment for the job from you will be ready to start your spring off right.
More by this Author
countertop There are many different types of stone countertops that are offered on the market. One of the most popular nowadays is limestone. In the past couple of years, limestone has become an increasingly popular...
The Kitchen is an important room in most homes, it’s where families cook and eat together. When considering a new kitchen layout it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each.
One of the main things you need to understand about the new home air conditioning systems that use r410a refrigerant is there are really no user serviceable parts inside. This precaution is not to ensure your local...