The Different Housing Problems of the Family
Families and the government should work hand and hand to help curb the rising housing problems. Over the years severe social problems created these alarming problems in housing.
Space to build houses in cities continues to plummet each year and if ever houses are built many of them were built using inferior materials. In third world countries and developing countries there is some problems with regards to water and power supply, garbage disposal and drainage.
The world’s population seemed unstoppable although we are in digital age; there are millions of people worldwide that are affected with housing problems. As such they are forced to live in houses that don’t provide comfort and convenience and proper sanitation. If housing problems is not addressed many would be vulnerable to weather and calamities and even different forms of sicknesses will inevitably surface.
Here are the causes of housing problems:
- Migration of people to urban areas from rural areas. As the Filipino saying goes, “the ants will go to a place where there is sugar,” and this is very true. People from the villages will attempt to make both ends meet by finding their luck in urban areas to seek better employment and an opportunity to have better income to sustain their needs and wants. But most ended up unfortunate and most languishes in the pit of despair. If people go to the urban areas and end up with nothing they may resort to illegal and criminal activities in order to survive. Prostitutes, criminals and the like are the testament of this worse scenario that afflicts many urban areas worldwide. Whilst many become malevolent others will be contented living and muddle through the already congested squatter areas.
- Robust population growth – As an urban area develops it will also equate to a rapid increase in population. If a family is not earning well there is great chance that they will not be able to come up with houses that can support their needs.
- Poverty due unemployment – Majority of the people who are unemployed have problems building a house for their family. They cannot also afford to even rent a house or an apartment and this will force them to build a house in a private land as squatters which will be a cause of land disputes in the future.
- Industrialization – As an urban area progresses more and more companies, manufacturing firms and business establishments will be erected. Workers then would find ways to save on transportation by finding houses for rent near their work. Some of these workers will then try to bring their family and if they cannot be able to afford to buy a lot and build a house, there is a big possibility that they will squat.
Housing problems breeds undesirable elements thus it is significant to know its causes.
My fifth hub in the HubChallenge
Suggested Readings / Related Links
- How to get along well with your family
- How to be Good Parents Through Sports
- How to grow in your family :: How to be a good and cool member of the family
- How to plan recreational activities for families
- How to Have a Safe Summer Outing or Vacation
- The Different Housing Problems of the Family
- Filipino Family Values
- The Typical Filipino Family
- Characteristics and Features of an Ideal House
- Necessary traits to keep the family in harmony
- Characteristics typical to different positions in the family
- What are the needs of parents and children
- Effective Tips to Raise Children With Special Needs and Disabilities
- How to Boost Your Child's Eating Habits
- How to Survive Grief When Your Loved One Dies
More by this Author
We decorate our homes with wide-array of fabrics and decorating will be easier especially if you know your textile very well. Here is a list of the different fabrics that you may use to decorate your homes with zest: ...
One of the most important parts of every abode is the roof. People many moons ago would then utilized anything at their disposal just to withstand the weather. People sought sanctuary against various elements by virtue...
Next to food and clothing which are the basic needs of humans, there comes housing. Building a house which will eventually be called home is one of the greatest tasks of parents. This is the abode where love can be...