The Omega Juicer!
After almost 24 years of regular use my juicer gave up its ghost three days ago. Although it was not the biggest and strongest machine around it did the job like a trouper and it made the worlds best juices ever. The guy at the fix-it shop (who used to be a friend, but as of now is off my Christmas card list) told me there really was nothing he could do for my old antique. So with a heavy heart I accepted that I need to give up on my long time friend.
Chanting to myself '... a shopping I must go, a shopping I must go,... high-ho what fun I will have, a shopping I must go...'
As I just can't live without a juicer (I start and end my day with a glass of fresh healthy juice). My 'need- to-buy-when-next-in-the-city' shopping list was quite extensive so I decided yesterday on the spur of the moment not to wait until next week but to head up to Toronto, a three hour drive away.
Lucky for me I did not wait till next week because the health food store that I buy most of my 'good for me' supplies from had a sale on till the weekend. You guessed it, a fabulous sale on juicers, 25% off regular price is nothing to sneeze at, I say.
There were two of them that caught my eye, well actually a heck of a lot more of them did, but I was not willing to spend the kind of money that those, do-just-about-everything-juicers cost...holly smokes I spent less money on my first car (although if the store clerks were to tell me that those new machine can do windows... I might have been persuaded... but I'm getting off subject again)
The two machine that were kind of in my price range were the Omega Model 8005 and the New Green Star GS 3000. I bet these would be available on EBay or Amazon at a better price but if I feature in the cost of the money exchange, delivery charges and possibly border duty, the price would probably be almost the same. Besides I didn't want to wait a couple of weeks, I wanted a machine now (when I make up my mind about getting something I'm not very patient)
The Omega Model 8005 Nutrition Center is a new single gear, masticating style juice extractor. This unit is an appliance with some multiple features built into it.
It is a single gear machine that turns at a low 80 RPMs and this low speed helps the Omega 8005 extract all the juice and foams up less than a double gear style juicer.
The machines features are:
- Single Gear Masticating Extraction which produces less foam than the double geared machines
- The very quiet powerful 1/3 HP motor set for low Rotation Speed of 80 RPMs can chew through the plant fibers to extract from them every bit of juice, vitamins, enzymes, and mineral content
- Continuous Juicing with Automatic Pulp Ejection
- High Juice Yield with very dry pulp
- No heat build up
- A heavy duty construction using the highest quality materials
- It is engineered for quiet operation and long life
- It has a built in "reverse" which helps to prevent clogging
- Easy to assemble, operate and clean
- No separate attachments needed.
- It has a full 10 year guarantee
- It weighs 18 Pounds
This machine sounded quite serious when it was running. The remaining pulp was quite dry. It seemed actually dryer than the Green star.
The Green Star Juicer GS1000 & GS3000
- Has twin gear technology that extracts considerably more minerals from the produce that is juiced
- A 1/4 hp motor and speed reduction gear providing more torque on the auger that will increase the pressing power
- Slow 110 rpm to minimize heat build-up during the juicing processing retaining the life of the enzymes
- A "pulse" reverse gear to dislodge blocked residue promoting better operating from the juicer
- Weighs only 24 pounds (11 kilograms) making it easier to handle, move and clean
- Heavy Duty Twin Gear Technology Features
- It has a 15 year warranty
This machine does look impressive, yet when the store clerk demonstrated it the motor sounded more like a sewing machine. (higher RPS I think). The pulse reverse it a nice feature which the other machine does not have.
Like a magpie or crow the shiny caught my eye. I'm happy to say that this little beauty is now sitting on my counter top and I have this feeling that we are going to become the best of friends.
The Chrome finish and the fact that this model had a 25% off sale sticker on it were the deciding factors.
I will add extra here as I learn more about this style of juicer.
- Home Remedies for Menopausal Hot Flashes!
Of all the discomforts that come with menopause hot flashes are probably the most common and most annoying. Am I having hot flashes? you ask. Well lets put it this way, if you have to ask that what...
- Controlling the discomforts of Menopause the Herbal ...
Menopause, often referred to as 'the Change of life' is really just the normal natural transition period of a woman's body. It's only been a few years when 'the Change of life' was still considered a...
More by this Author
First of all a let me say this; fruit trees do not need to be pruned to produce fruit. The fruit production of a tree is a natural occurrence which ensures the survival of a tree. That means a gardener may choose not to...
This is an easy and fun DIY project, not a clean and tidy one but if you’re a gardener you're already mucking around in the dirt anyway so it’s just a little side step to mixing your own ‘blend’....
A friends daughter whose wedding I sewed and organized a few years ago came over last night with her 'Hubby'... saying that the deal on the house they had bid on had been accepted. The young couple was in seventh...