Tips On Cleaning Your House Quickly
Family is coming over! Quick,grab a broom!
We've all been there. Your lounging around the house in your pajamas,and watching reruns of your favorite sitcom. You've decided that today is relaxation day. Then,the phone rings.It's your in laws,and they want to come over....now! So much for lounging. Drag your butt off of the couch and start cleaning!
- Breathe. You can do this! Start with the basics. You don't want your guests to be walking on crumbs and dirt,so grab the broom and dust pan. Go through the living room,entry way,dining room,kitchen,and bathroom,and do a quick sweep. Vacuum any rooms that have carpeting as well. These are usually the main areas where your guests will be.
- Get a large bag,and a laundry basket,and make your rounds through each of the above mentioned rooms once again. Use the bag for anything that is laying around in the rooms that shouldn't be there. You can go through the bag later,but for right now just throw it all in there! Use the laundry basket for any clothing that may be lurking about. When you're done,put the bag and laundry basket in a room where your guests will not be.
- Get a wet rag,and look for any surfaces that have visible dust on them. No furniture polish needed. They will never know the difference. After your done with that,light a couple of scented candles. Cinnamon is always a nice scent,and feels welcoming to your guests.
- Fix any throw pillows and blankets that you might have in your living area. Plump up the pillows and make them look plush and inviting. Make sure there are no crumbs or other dirt on your chairs and couch. If you have pets,grab the pet hair roller,or whatever you would normally use to remove pet hair.
If you have cats,don't forget to scoop out the litter box. Your guests wont appreciate looking at a dirty litter box,and they certainly wont appreciate the smell either.
Turn on a couple of lamps in your living area,and leave any bright lights turned off.This will give a warm and inviting feeling when your guests walk in.
- If there are dirty dishes piled up,get rid of them! Give them a quick wash,or throw them in the dishwasher if you have one. Check for little kid finger prints on the surface of your refrigerator,and use a magic eraser to quickly wipe them away.
- Don't forget about yourself! You have to look just as presentable as your house. Move to the bathroom,and make sure you take a bag,and a container of disinfectant wipes along with you. Quickly wash your face to give it that "I'm awake,and vibrant" look. Use only the very basics as far as makeup goes. Foundation and eyeshadow make a big difference in your appearance,and only take a second to apply. Throw your hair up in a loose ponytail,or run the brush though it and leave it down. When you're done,put any stray makeup and hair ties in their proper place. Wipe down the bathroom surfaces with the disinfectant wipes,and tie up the garbage. Put the new bag in the garbage can. Grab the toilet brush,and give the toilet a quick scrub. Don't even worry about the shower,just close the shower curtain.Voila! Bathroom done.
- Grab the can of air freshener. Take a quick run through the house once again,and make sure you didn't miss anything. Spray the air freshener as you go. Sit down with your favorite magazine,kick up your feet,and wait for company to arrive. They will think you were sitting there just waiting for them the entire time!
More by this Author
On November 13, 1974, Butch Defeo would murder his family members in cold blood. Stories of hauntings, demonic possession, and other bizarre happenings have centered around the house ever since.
Buying a home is an exciting time and something most of us have dreamed about at some point or another. But during this exciting time, don't forget that there are some things you want to check before signing on the...
Plantar fasciitis. The name itself might sound frightening. Home remedies can help if done correctly, and this article will explain some of the more helpful home remedies out there.