Top Five Reasons to Install a Garbage Disposal Now
Getting Rid of Food Waste
Get Rid of Large Pieces of Food Waste Easily
Your sink repeatedly gets clogged with large pieces of food. If you have kids, there is no escaping this fact. No matter how many times you tell them, your kids will dump food waste into the drain and the kitchen sink will get clogged. Even a strainer over the drain will not deter this.
Less Garbage to Take Out
2. You will reduce the amount of trash your family produces by installing a high performing garbage disposal. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, trash production in the US has almost tripled since 1960. In 2010, Americans generated approximately 250 million tons of trash.
A Cleaner Kitchen
3. You will have a cleaner kitchen by using a disposal. Garbage disposals are really a necessity in today’s modern kitchen. They are a great solution for getting rid of large pieces of food waste. A garbage disposal quickly turns large chunks of food into smaller pieces which drain down the pipes easily.
To clean the grinders or blades, pour two cups of ice into the disposal and add a cup of vinegar. Run cold water as you turn the disposal on for five to ten seconds. The ice will clean any sludge or food particles off the blades and the vinegar will freshen the sink.
Installing the Waste King Garbage Disposal
Easy to Install
4. They are very simple to install. One review site says the Waste King 8000 Legend Series can be installed within 20 minutes because of its EZ Mount system. If you have never installed a garbage disposal, expect installation to take a bit longer. I would say the installation can take up to two hours.
5. More environmentally responsible than transporting food waste to landfills By reducing the amount of bagged trash at the curb you help to cut down on greenhouse gases because the trash trucks are carrying less waste off to the landfill. You can feel good about helping the environment.
Waste King vs InSinkerator
How Much Electricity Does a Garbage Disposal Use?
Garbage disposals do not use much water and cost very little in terms of the amount of electricity they require to operate. Disposer us only about 1 percent or less of a family's total water consumption. On average, the garbage disposal uses less than fifty cents per year of electricity. This seems extremely low but makes sense if you think about how little you use the disposal compared to other household appliances, like a refrigerator or dryer.
Waste King Legend 8000 Series 1.0 Horsepower vs. InSinkerator Badger 5 1/2 Hp
full 1 hp motor and a lifetime warranty
EZ Mount Install
must buy cord separately ($10)
Waste King L-8000 Legend Series
Recently, I was comparing garbage disposals on Amazons. For about the same price, you can get a Waste King Legend Series 8000 with a 1.0 hp or the InSinkerator Badger5 which has 1/2 hp motor.
Cost Comparison on Amazon
The InSinkerator Badger 5XP 3/4 Horsepower is $120.98 on Amazon. That's basically a more powerful motor on the Waste King for about the same price. Plus, if you check out Consumer Reports, the Waste King has the highest rating. Plus, the lifetime warranty, and it's really a no brainer.
Our new house came with a standard InSinkerator garbage disposal. It is a bit loud when running, but once its useful life is over, I will be replacing it with the Waste King Legend 8000 Series. Let's see if I can install it in under twenty minutes.
Consumer Reports on Waste King Garbage Disposal
- Best Garbage Disposer Reviews – Consumer Reports
Looking for the Best garbage disposer? Consumer Reports has honest Ratings and Reviews on garbage disposers from the unbiased experts you can trust.
Check out My Fiverr Gigs
- Sell Clothing on Ebay to Make Money
You can be an EBay Powerseller. Grab your digital camera or phone, a notebook and pen and fire up your computer. Read this to find out how one Powerseller made thousands from selling clothing online.
- It Works Body Wrap Product Review
If only blasting belly at was as simple as applying an It Works body wrap, waiting 45 minutes and removing it to unveil a sexy new body. I was hooked on the thought of these wraps sculpting my body.
- Best Selling Fiverr Gigs For Writers and Artists
Ready to make extra money as a content writer on Fiverr? Fiverr is a great website that allows writers to post their services and make money selling their writing. You can review products for cash.
- Easy Ways to Save Money with the Frugal Chick Saving...
Find easy ways to save money every day. Get great deals at thrift stores and squeeze your pennies into dimes. Keep more money in your wallet. Ask for more than you expect to get when negotiating.
- How to Sell Jeans on Ebay to Make Money
Get ready to make money selling jeans on Ebay. The best jeans to sell include Diesel, True Religion, Paige,and Levi's. Accurate measurements and quality photos are a must. Make cash selling jeans.
Waste King L-8000 Legend Series
More by this Author
Make money selling your handmade jewelry at local craft shows and festivals. Start locally, grab an artist friend and get started selling your crafts today. Use colorful, lightweight displays.
Have extra laminate flooring left over from a recent project? Use the flooring pieces to transform a desk into an object of beauty.
Make money selling jeans on Ebay today. Jeans to sell include Diesel, True Religion, Paige,and Levi's. Accurate measurements and quality photos are a must. Make cash selling jeans.