CLEAN YOUR SHOES WITH TOOTHPASTE
Yes really! Just a little squirt onto the scuffed area and a rub with a duster or soft cloth. Then a final wipe with a damp cloth. Good as new!
Impressed? Its also great for lots of other things apart from cleaning your teeth. Here are my top 10:
- Polishing gemstone jewellery. It will really make those diamonds sparkle if you apply with a soft toothbrush and then rinse off residue.
- Removing watermarks from wooden furniture. Rub on with a soft cloth and wipe off with a damp cloth. Allow to dry completely then polish as normal
- Getting rid of onion, fish or garlic smells on the hands. Just wash them with toothpaste and the smell will be gone.
- Clearing up stubborn spots and pimples. Dab on a little ordinary white toothpaste and leave it overnight. The spot should have dried up by the morning. Take care if you have sensitive skin though.
- Try shining up your chrome taps with toothpaste. Apply the paste and polish with a soft cloth. Works a treat!
- Use as a filler to block up small holes before wallpapering.
- Cleaning the white rubber of trainers and baseball boots. Just give them a good brush with toothpaste and wipe off with a damp cloth.
- Dab on to relieve the sting and itch of insect bites
- Clean silver
- Clean the teats of baby bottles. Toothpaste gets rid of the sour milk smell. Remember to rinse the teat thoroughly before giving it to baby.
© Susan Bailey 2008 All Rights Reserved
More by this Author
CD (Conduct Disorder) and ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) are quite closely associated in classification and developmental terms. Oppositional Defiant Disorder behaviours are assumed to be precursors to a more...
Weeds they say, are just plants that grow in the wrong places. Discover some safer alternatives to commercial weed killers here.
A famous person – It could have been Albert Einstein, Rita Mae Brown, Benjamin Franklin or Mark Twain (they have all been cited as contenders) defined insanity as “doing the same thing over and over and...