Use Bi-carbonate of soda for cleaning in your home
Cleaning with bicarb of soda
Some of the many cheaper ways to clean your home by using bi-carb soda
Carpet: some stains can be removed by mixing a small amount of bicarb with water to make a paste. Gently work in with a circular motion.
Stained tea and coffee mugs: remove stains by rubbing the inside of mugs with a paste of water and bicarb. It is non abrasive.
Tarnished saucepans: Add a pinch of bicarb in warm water and slowly bring to boil. When cool, clean with a dry cloth.
Tarnished silver: Place cutlery in a container and add two teaspoons of bicarb. Bring to boil then cool and wipe dry.
Ash trays: Place small amount of dry soda in tray to reduce odour and prevent cigarettes smouldering
Glass, plastic: Clean with dry bicarb soda and rinse then dry
Burnt saucepans: Sprinkle liberally with soda and then add enough water to wet the soda. Leave for 2 days then scrub, rinse and dry.
Barbecue: Sprinkle grill and hot plate, let it soak and rinse and dry
Garage: Remove grease from floor by sprinkling with soda leave 1day then scrub and wash off
Cleaning ideas for bathroom and laundry
- Place bicarb on damp cloth and wipe of scum from bath, basin and tiles then rinse off.
- Soak shower curtains in bicarb soda
- · Soak and wash nappies in soda, helps to whiten and freshen them
- · Remove grease and oil- soak in bicarb soda and wash
- · Wash out washing and dishwashing machine with bicarb soda it removes soap build-up
- · Place two teaspoonfuls of bicarb into 1 litre of warm water, and leave dish cloths in to soak for a couple of hours. This will remove most stains and bad odours.
- · Clean drains- pour half cup down drains leave and hour then pour hot water down the drain. Do this at least once a month.
Many other uses
- Soak combs in soda to clean
- Kitty litter, use soda in bottom of tray it will absorb odours
- Wash out rubbish bins with soda
- Put blobs of soda on a damp cloth and wipe car windshields both inside and out. This repels the rain.
Good luck I hope this helps to give you some new ideas. I dont take any responsibility for any damage to your things as I havent tried all of these.
More uses for bicarb soda some for first aid
- Use bi-carb for health, the home, and first aid
There are many uses for bicarbonate of soda in the average household: cooking, cleaning, odours, and first aid to name a few. We all need to reduce the money that we spend on unnecessary cleaning products...
More by this Author
Beware of the downside of buying gift cards. The stores never lose out. Customers often never use the cards to their full value
Shipping container homes are a new way of obtaining a cheaper home and acquiring a new lifestyle for your family. You can also pick up and move if your neighbors are not friendly or cause a problem
Blue Heeler cattle dogs will do anything to protect their owners, even risking their own lives. That's how faithful they are to their friends.