Other Uses for Soap- It's not just for bathing anymore!
Soap- the household helper revisited!
After, being told I was positive for MRSA, the most important direction given to me was to use Dial Antibacterial Soap.
I was in my kitchen cooking one day and went to clean a tomato- I looked at the tomato and I looked at my bottle of liquid Dial and washed that beautiful tomato with it. I thought if it's good enough for me , it's good enough for the mater, right?
Then , I wondered what other uses my soap could provide for me.
That brings us here to this article on the other uses for soap besides showering, bathing & washing hands!
- Bug repellent: Place a bar of soap in your garden to keep pests away
- Rid your house of fleas: place some liquid soap in a bowl mixed with water under a light and it will attract fleas and they will drowned
- Household bug repellent: mix soap and water and place in a spray bottle and spray around your home to rid your house of spiders and bugs
- Drawers: use soap to loosen and quiet dresser drawers or other household drawers by running the soap along the metal rails
- Freshen clothes/luggage: place a bar of soap in a mesh holder to keep stored clothes or luggage smelling fresh
- Car freshener: place slivers of left-over soap in a mesh bag and tie around your rear-view mirror to keep a fresh smell in your car
- Removing Wallpaper: mix soap and water and sponge on old wallpaper and it will help in removing the glue
- Remove a light-bulb: remove a broken light-bulb by placing a soap bar on top and then turning it
- Zippers: Loosen stuck or rusty zippers by sliding some bar soap up & down the zipper
- Detect gas leaks: mix a solution of water and soap and rub along pipes, if it bubbles, you found your leak.
- Lubricate screws/nails: Dip a screw or nail into a bar of soap before drilling or hammering and it will move through wood more easily/also for saw blades too.
- Fabric Marker: use those little left-overs to make fabric for hemming and it washes right away when complete
More by this Author
This is the story of my best friend from my childhood. My best friend was a crow. He found me, followed me, then became my best friend. He stayed with me even though he had the freedom to go.
Tubal Ligation , research and ask questions.
My story started after the c-section birth of my fifth child. My scar burst open and started oozing all types of nasty pus and infection. I immediately called my doctor and was told to clean it everyday with peroxide...