Vinegar cleaning tips
20 Vinegar Cleaning Tips
White distilled vinegar is an inexpensive, economically safe and environmentally friendly product that is an extremely effective when used as a cleanser. Because of its low acidity it is effective for killing most mold, bacterias, and germs. Its also a great deodorizer. I narrowed down my list of tips to twenty, there are so monay I would be here forever if I listed them all.
1. To clean your refrigerators shelves and walls use a solution of half vinegar and half water.
2. To clean a grease splattered oven down window douse it with full strength vinegar. Keep the door open, in about 20 minutes wipe clean.
3. To get rid of lime build up on chrome sink fixtures, use a paste made of 2 tbsp salt and 1 tsp vinegar.
4. To get rid of those deposits in a tea kettle add 1/2 cup vinegar to the kettle and fill to top. Let soak overnight.
5.To clean brass, copper and pewter, use a paste of equal parts salt and vinegar.
6. Spray a solution of half water and half vinegar to the surface of a grill to make cleaning it easier.
7. Wipe your tub, tile, shower curtain and door with full strenght vinegar to remove grime, mildew and scum.
8. to make a soapy film disappear from your countertop wipe with a solution of water and vinegar.
9. Freshen the air in the bathroom or kitchen by spraying the air with a solution of 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 cup water.
10. To reduce soap bubbles in a steam cleaner add about 1/4 cup vinegar. To remove detergent residue and make carpets stay fresher longer use the same amount in the rinse water.
11. To clean your indoor/outdoor carpet add 1 cup vinegar to a bucket of water and scrub with a brush.
12. Remove paint from a window use undiluted vinegar. Let vinegar soften paint before you try scraping it off with a razor edge tool.
13. clean wood paneling with a solution of 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup vinegar, and 2 cups of warm water and a soft cloth.
14. Clean hardened paint brushes by soaking them for an hour in vinegar and then simmering them in a pot. Rinse clean.
15. To clean and deodorize urine on a matress sponge with a vinegar and water solution. While still damp, sprinkle it with baking soda and let dry. Vacuum after it is dry.
16. To deodorize your garbage disposal ppour 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup heated vinegar. let sit for 10 minutes then rinse with hot water.
17. Wipe your stained and stinky plastic containers with a cloth damped by vinegar.
18. To get rid of fruit flies set out a small dish of vinegar.
19. To clean shower door tracks fill them with vinegar and let sit overnight. Pour hot water on the tracks and scrub with a toothbrush.
20. For an inexpensive floor cleaner, amke a solution of 3 drops of dishwashing liquid, 1/3 cup vinegar, 1/3 cup alcohol, and 1/3 cup water. Spray sparingly.
What Makes Vinegar Such A Good Cleaner?
Vinegar has become known as not only a condiment but a terrific cleaner. We know how it taste as an additive to lets say, a salad, but what is in this product that makes it such a good cleaner?
To begin with it is a great disinfectant. It takes care of household bacteria's such as wound and surgical sites infections along with bacteria such as salmonella and E. coli.
It also cuts grease, deodorizes and fights stains. It's the acid base in vinegar that makes it such a handy household cleaner.
Add to all of this the fact that vinegar is environmentally friendly and you have an all-around winner.
- Vinegar: Types, Uses and Recipe Ideas
Vinegar has been around for centuries and can be created from a variety of fermented foods. There are several types, flavors, uses and benefits of vinegar. This article provides descriptions of the different types of vinegar and includes a few recipe
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne and Skin
These easy-to-follow tips show how to use apple cider vinegar to treat acne and how to make your own apple cider vinegar toner at home
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Health Benefits
Egyptians are known to be the first users of Apple Cider Vinegar for a natural treatment of ailments. It can increase blood circulation and houses ample vitamins and minerals that serve various important...
- How to Clean a Coffee Maker with Vinegar
The best way to make sure you coffee tastes great is knowing how to clean a coffee maker with vinegar. There are other types of cleaners on the market but vinegar is a natural cleaner and is gentle on your...
- How To Make Home-made Vinegar & Herbal Vinegar
If you ever wondered if you could make your own vinegar, wonder no more. How to make homemade vinegar several ways. Once you have made your own vinegar use it to make flavored and herbal vinegars for unique and inexpensive gifts.
- Remedies for Using Honey and Vinegar to Heal Wounds
There's that old saying about how it's easier to catch flies with honey than it is with vinegar. It's true enough as a metaphor for how to treat the people in your life, but it doesn't hold as true when you're...
More by this Author
Tea pot decor Pixabay After months of thinking and deliberation you've finally decided to decorate your kitchen in tea pot style. You can't understand why it was so had to decide. You have this terrific set of...
Fabric sheets are more than just fabric softeners. You wouldn't believe all of the everyday uses for a simple fabric softener sheet. They can be used for everything from keeping ants off your windowsill topicking up...
The Supreme Court of the U.S. met for the first time on February 1, 1790. Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809. Super Bowl XLIV will be held February 6th at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. On...