Change the Look of a Room with Easy to Apply Vinyl Wall Quotes
If you are looking for quick wall décor consider removable vinyl lettering. It is simple to install, and it gives your room a custom look.
There are numerous companies that manufacture the vinyl letters and there are quotes and ideas for every room of your house. You can use the décor to inspire you or make you laugh every time you walk into a room. If you get tired of the quote you have up it is a simple matter to remove it and put up another one. The letters and words come in various sizes to fit any room. You can even cut the words or letters apart to create a more customized look. Using the stick on décor is much easier that stenciling letters. It is also quicker.
Finding the wall décor is not difficult. You can often find it locally at a craft store like Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabrics, or Michaels. If you are looking for the largest variety, however, you will want to look online.
How To Apply VInyl Wall Decor
Applying the quote to the walls is not difficult at all and only requires about ten minutes of your time. You don’t need any tools or skills. The vinyl letters will stick on to almost any surface including textured walls.
It is important to always read the manufacturer’s directions but here is a simple overview of how easy it is to change the look of your room with vinyl wall décor:
- Decide where you want the quote to go
- Wipe the wall with a dry cloth. Make sure it is not dusty or greasy because that might keep the letters from sticking.
- Remove the backing and place the quote on the wall
- Press firmly onto the wall
- Rub the letters with the applicator provided or your fingers
- When the words are firmly stuck to the wall with no air bubbles carefully peel the remaining paper off the wall. Go slowly so you can press any loose areas down as necessary.
It is just as simple to remove the lettering when you are ready for a change:
- Using a blow dryer heat up the vinyl to loosen the adhesive
- Carefully pull up a corner.
- Slowly pull away from the wall.
- The low adhesive will not mar the walls in anyway.
Quote the Walls
Quote the Walls has hundreds of quotes for every room in your house. The company allows you to create your own quotes as well. You can customize the words, the height, the vinyl color, and the font. Quote the Walls also has themed sets, with words and designs. For example, the dance set contains:
- Four quotes. You get four so you can put one on each wall.
- Twenty 4 inch ballet shoes in your choice of color combinations.
You can also buy polka dots in various colors to add interest to the rest of the room. The company makes a star to put on your child’s door with the words “[Child’s name]’s Dressing Room.
Other designs that are available are:
- Eiffel Tower
SIgn Here Vinyl
Sign Here Vinyl has an online catalog with pictures of actual rooms decorated with the quotes. The quotes here generally have more graphics than many other companies and are more intricately designed. They will also custom design any quote, sentence, or other wall decor that you like.
Sign Here has a consulting program where you can actually work for the company helping other people decorate their homes.
Tips for Using Wall Decals
Here are a few tips to ensure that you create a beautiful wall:
- Wait for a month or two before adding vinyl wall lettering to a newly painted wall.
- Do not use alcohol based or abrasive cleaners on the walls that have wall décor on them.
- Lettering can only be used once.
- Because they are so easily removed vinyl letters are a great way to decorate in an apartment or rental home.
- Any sticky residue left after removal can be wiped off with a little rubbing alcohol.
Creating a custom look in your home with vinyl wall décor is easy and fun. Be warned though; once you start you may want to put quotes in all your rooms.
More by this Author
Venetian Plaster is a faux finish technique that gives walls a vintage plaster appearance that really shimmers with light. Learn how to do this simple technique.
You can add beautiful crown molding to your home inexpensively and easily with faux wood products.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE86
Can you tell the difference between a rat snake, also called a chicken snake and a poisonous copperhead? Get details and images in this article.