What are the Advantages of Custom Build Solid Wood Cabinetry
Since pre-made cabinets are much cheaper than custom built solid wood cabinetry, homeowners usually want to know about the advantages involved in paying the extra price to have custom cabinetry. There are many advantages to talk about because nothing beats the look of solid wood and the length of time it lasts. Whatever type of solid wood you choose for the kitchen cabinets you can be sure of getting the best deal over the long term.
Common advantages of opting for custom cabinetry:
- You choose the design and the manner in which you want the cabinets installed. When you have custom built solid wood cabinets they are made to fit your space and not the other way around as is the case with pre-made cabinets.
- There is an incredible range of types of wood and colors of stain you can choose with custom cabinetry. You can also choose to paint the cabinets if you want.
- Matching the style of cabinets with your décor when you opt to have them built according to your plans and wishes
- You don’t have to worry about mistakes in measurements or about the installation process because the cabinet making company you choose does all the work for you.
- You won’t have to worry about not being able to fit certain things in the cupboards because of their size. The size can be adjusted to meet your needs in custom cabinetry.
- Custom Cabinetry Materials and Craftsmanship
- Frugal Kitchen Remodel: Reface the Cabinets | The Kitchn
Sometimes painting just isn't an option. Peeling laminate, bad condition, or just a completely wrong style can all point in the direction of taking the next step: refacing the kitchen cabinets.
- 7 Things to Do with That Awkward Space Above the Cabinets
Lots of houses have it — that awkward space between the top of the kitchen cabinets and the ceiling. Here are seven ideas for what to do with that awkward gap.
- 10 Tips That Will Come in Handy When Remodeling Your...
Kitchen remodels start with planning the changes and a budget to keep the costs within the limits that you can afford.
Advantages of custom built cabinets that you may not be aware of:
- Solid wood has a much longer lifespan than pre-made cabinets which are made from manufactured products.
- The custom cabinetry works in your favor for the resale value of your house.
- The doors and fronts of the drawers will fit perfectly. The hinges for the doors and the rolling components for the drawers match the sizes and weight.
- The weight of the cabinets will be able to support the objects for which the cabinet or cupboard was built.
- If you decide you want to make changes at a later date, it won’t be as problematic because the wood can be cut to accommodate the renovations you want to make.
- When you order custom built cabinetry, the cabinet maker will be able to give you suggestions of ways in which you can enhance the design, such as glass doors, or a garage in the corner where you can keep the small appliances.
- Instead of opting for an ordinary range hood over the stove, you can have a covering built over the vent that matches the design of the cabinets.
The ambiance of a kitchen increases greatly with wood cabinetry. It exudes strength and duration because these are two of the qualities of wood. Wood also plays an important role in Feng Shui, adding to the good luck and fortune of the family. Custom built cabinets are designed to meet the demands of today’s families and their busy lifestyles. The wood used in the construction is kiln-dried which prevents warping. Therefore you will have great looking cupboards for a long time to come.
More by this Author
The Kitchen is an important room in most homes, it’s where families cook and eat together. When considering a new kitchen layout it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each.
Dorm to Die For Dorm rooms are traditionally small spaces. Finding a way to store everything in such a limited area can take a little work. Fortunately, there are a number of solutions available to make the most out of...
Depending on the environment in which your furnace operates, most HVAC companies recommend all filters be changed at least twice a year. If your home is located in an area with a lot of dust or dirt, you may want to...
No comments yet.