Which Home Décor Online Stores are Trustworthy?
Home Decor Online Shopping
How to Find the Best Online Home Décor Stores
Shopping for furniture and home décor items entails driving from store to store, usually during peak traffic times. Seeing, touching, feeling, smelling and even physically trying out items is considered the best way of going about choosing things for your home. After all, you will have to live with your decisions for a long time.
Some people really enjoy shopping. It's fun for them. They love the experience and it works. But what about handicapped people, people that hate to shop and people that want home delivery? Are there safe and trustworthy stores online? How do you find a good home décor online store?
If you live in a cave, you may not have heard of Google or online shopping, but most of us do use the internet daily. We know how to do searches that yield specific results. Although there are unscrupulous dealers out there on the net, there are many, many trustworthy stores that offer great shopping experiences. Best of all, online stores are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year!
What to Look for on a Trustworthy Online Store
Be absolutely sure that the online store protects and safeguards your credit card information. Even well known sites have had hacker problems, so you may want to use a credit card specifically for online shopping. Some credit card companies offer a special coded card for online use. Check with the store you plan to use as well as your credit card company regarding the safety of your personal information.
Which comparison shopping search engine is best? According to Smart Money, a web site called PriceGrabber.com is the hands down favorite for comparing shopping sites for online home décor purchases. PriceGrabber allows the user to type in practically any item at all and it will return links for the best prices and stores.
Start with researching the item you want to buy and then give PriceGrabber a chance to find the best places to buy. Don't stop there, spend a few moments investigating each store for reliability and customer service. The cheapest price may not be the best price.
Home Decor Shopping on Unique and Hand Made Sites
Internet shopping is the preferred way to shop for unique, one of a kind and hand made items. Many well known and talented crafters offer their wares on trustworthy sites: Artwork is easily purchased and shipped via online shopping.
Explore Unique Items on:
- Etsy.com - A shopping site specifically for quality hand made crafts and crafting supplies. Almost everything is OOAK (One of a Kind).
The Top Online Stores for Home Décor
There is a large selection of trustworthy home décor sites to buy from. These stores offer top notch customer service, good shipping rates and an astounding collection of furniture and decorative items to choose from.
Depending on your taste in home décor, you will want to start with the larger online stores like:
- Ikea - A giant international store offering thousands of choices in home furnishings, kitchen items, appliances, rugs, and décor for every room in the home.
- Amazon - The leading shopping site in the U.S.A. for just about anything you can imagine, but they are especially noted for their unlimited selection of books, movies and entertainment gear.
- Overstock.com - A personal favorite, they buy lots of overstocked items from brick and mortar stores and sell them online at a discounted price. With a huge revolving inventory, there is something for everyone at this online store. They offer very attractive shipping rates too.
- PotteryBarn - For great home décor ideas and products, no other online store is as trustworthy and popular as Pottery Barn. They even offer home design applications that help you decide what will look best in your home.
- Wayfair.com - is a new web site that offers a "zillion things home". If you can't find what you are looking for here, it will be a minor miracle. They have everything furniture, home décor, home improvement, baby and kids, patio and garden and all things in between.
- Brand Name Stores: The major brick and mortar stores have moved toward online shopping. Stores like Kohl's, Ethan Allen, Crate and Barrel, Rooms to Go, Broyhill and many others have 24/7/365 shopping on the net now. Search for your favorite home décor store and you will probably find it.
Bargain Home Décor Sites
Everyday home furnishings can be bought online via Target and Wal-Mart or even Amazon Prime which offers free two day shipping.
Other online shopping sites include eBay, CraigsList and local stores with an internet shopping set up. Special attention must be given to shopping on these sites. Local stores are easy to check out though, just give them a call or go and visit them.
eBay shopping includes some company offered safeguards, so be sure to sign up for those where indicated. You may want to pay for extra insurance with shipping to guarantee that you get your item and it is in good shape. eBay also offers arbitration between their sellers and buyers at no charge.
CraigsList is the equivalent of a yard sale and you must thoroughly check out the seller before offering to purchase an item. The advantage of CraigsList is that you can usually get your item immediately and at a greatly reduced price. Meeting at a public place to exchange cash for goods is a good idea.
How to Buy Online
Which online store is the best for shopping for home décor items?See results without voting
© 2012 Austinstar
More by this Author
Searching for the best electric lawn mower for the money is a chore. You can make your search a lot easier by reading this review on push mowers for the home. Electric mowers are great, low pollution alternatives to...
Some may think that power recline is a lazy feature. I can assure you that it is not. Although it is hard to pull that dumb stick back to recline the back and output the footrest, having a power motor doing it will...
What driving laws have you broken lately? Did you get a moving violation, a parking ticket or a warning from a traffic officer? Let's explore the top ten most commonly broken driving laws.