If there's not much dirt, you could use UV-Light to kill germs and bacteria but if you want to clean it more, any volatile organic solvent will do. The lower the boiling point, the better, because you can then dry the electronics using a hair-dryer and the liquid will evaporate (don't inhale it!) and won't damage the circuits like water or other solvents with a high boiling point do.
There is a number of cleaning solvents especially used for electrics, but you have to check your local laws, because most of them are either regulated or even banned for civil use, because most of them can be used for maany many other things than just cleaning ;). Maybe go to a pharmacy-store, they can also provide you with the chemicals, and they will know what's easy to handle and legal ;).
When I work in the lab, I always have to clean my laptop with isopropyl alcohol then low volatile solvents and finally UV-light to make sure it's absolutely clean before I can take it in/outside the lab. But the mixture of substances we use isn't publicly available because the vapors have to be collected and are then re-condensed and recycled since they're pretty dangerous. That's why I can't help you much regarding what chemicals to use at home :S