When you find an ink spot, the first thing you should do is to stop it from spreading.
If you have already tried to clean the stain up, you already know that the ink, when it becomes wet, will run.
This is a normal reaction with most types of ink and the damage that it does as it spreads is even harder to clean. To stop this stain from spreading, follow these tips.
* Mix 50% of ammonia with 50% of hydrogen peroxide. A small amount is all that is necessary.
* Spray or drop the area around the ink stain with a ring of this mixture.
* The mixture will react to the ink as it begins to spread, locking it into the confined area.
* The ink can not move outside of this ring then.
* Then, use a cleaning solvent that is safe for the piece of clothing that you are cleaning and dissolve the stain. Use small amounts at a time.
* Keep the hydrogen barrier around the ink stain so that it does not spread.