Tileclick profile image 79

Have you ever purchased furniture or other items for your home from a reclamation or salvage yard?

I am interested in peoples views on buying old goods and up-cycling them. If you have purchased from these yards was it a good experience? Did it save you any money?

Novel Treasure profile image87

Novel Treasure says

• Tileclick profile image

Tileclick 4 years ago

Thanks, this is really interesting, i love the concept of taking something old and discarded and giving it a new life in the home with a lick of paint or some amazing detail that makes it individual and unique. It sounds like you make a great team :)

loveofnight profile image78

loveofnight says

• Tileclick profile image

Tileclick 4 years ago

Yes, I agree it is a great way to save a some cash and create something that you can be really proud of that can be treasured for years to come. Thanks for your comments!

rfmoran profile image92

Russ Moran (rfmoran) says

• Tileclick profile image

Tileclick 4 years ago

Habitat for Humanity sounds great, we are based in the UK so I don't think we have those here, just reclamation yards. I agree about the mattresses and pillows, they really need to be brand new. Thanks for your anwser.

grousepup profile image78

grousepup says

60

Nadia Eggert says

Civil War Bob profile image61

Civil War Bob says

• Tileclick profile image

Tileclick 4 years ago

Wow, that sounds amazing, it is great how you can make something really good out of something just discarded by a company. Thanks for your comment.