Does anyone know the name of this tree/bush with the deep maroon colored leaves?

I have seen this tree/bush with its deep maroon colored leaves all over my county, and I am just wondering what is the name of it. I know I should know, and maybe it blooms later. It just strikes me odd because of its coloring here in spring being so dark as if it were fall. Thank you for answering.

Jackie Lynnley profile image76

Best Answer Jackie Lynnley says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

I think the leaves do look like maple leaves. I will enlarge my photo. I wonder if I can switch it out here for a closer look? Have never tried to change out a picture after I posted one in a question. You have so many beautiful trees everywhere!

Phyllis Doyle profile image93

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

I am not sure, Phyllis, as it has been pouring down rain so much here, I haven't noticed a thing LOL. Now, the sun is shining today and I have noticed these all over my county. Could very well be a plum tree. Thank you!

Genna East profile image87

Genna East says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hi Genna,

I stopped at a local restaurant the other day, and there was another tree. I snapped a photo of it up close and the leaves do look like Maple leaves. I appreciate you. Blessings

Besarien profile image84

Besarien says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hi Besarien, I happened to stop at a local restaurant the other night, and there was one and the leaves looked just like that leaf on the top there to the far right you have featured here. Thank you! I did take a photo, but not sure if I can change.

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hi Keven, I think you may be right, as I saw another one the other night and snapped a close up of the leaves and they do look like maple leaves. I don't have one in my yard, but they are all around that I have been noticing.

firstcookbooklady profile image84

Char Milbrett (firstcookbooklady) says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hi Char, wow, Burning Bush, interesting! Well, right now it looks deep purple or maroon is the only color that I know of what to call it. I will watch them and see how they turn. Thank you!

Bob Bamberg profile image93

Bob Bamberg says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Thank you so much, Bob. I think you and Jackie just may be right on this one. Yes, the branches do start very low to the ground. I may try to swap out the photo so everyone can see a close up of the leaves. They are everywhere, I am noticing now.

LadyFiddler profile image72

LadyFiddler says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Thank you, Jo. I know your granny knows all about plants and such, and may know, especially if you have them down in paradise ...Caribbean : )

paulburchett profile image79

Paul (paulburchett) says

Faith Reaper 22 months ago

Hi Paul, wow, you certainly know your trees! Yes, I could do that, but they must be popular around here for they are everywhere and that color just stands out this time of year. I will try to add a close up photo here if I am able to do so. Thanks!