Urushiol, the toxic oil in poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac is never rendered harmless even after a killing frost. Burning it will even release oils into the air where breathing it can damage lungs. It can cause rashes in people who have picked it up after petting a dog who came in contact with it. It must be handled with complete skin protection and thoroughly wrapped before disposal. Never recycled.
Virginia Creeper does nor have toxic oils. Instead it contains oxalate crystals which can cause rash and swelling in sensitive people. These are not affected by frost either. Hope this helps:)