I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this here, but here goes anyway.
We have an offer on our condo in Orange County, CA, but it seems like it's $10,000 below the price we could get next Spring.
Situation - our condo has two law suits filed suing the Water Company here and suing the contractor for faulty work done recently. Our offer is all cash from an investor. It was a nice offer at first and then when they countered, they countered $10,000 lower than their own original offer "because of the litigation".
I know no one can advise us and it's our decision. No one has a crystal ball either. We need the money, but we COULD hold out for a few months hoping to get closer to our asking price. We haven't confirmed our acceptance as yet.
The risk? If we reject this offer and wait, the price may go lower and we may never get as much. The gamble? We might get $10,000 more and we really need the $10,000.
If this is an inappropriate questions, please ignore. I'm sure it will be flagged if not appropriate.
Orange county has seen more real estate value crashes than almost any other place in the U.S. You've got a lawsuit against the builder for faulty construction. That's scary, too. All over the news this weekend was the scare over the big quake now past-due to hit southern California. Take the offer and run. The offer is certain; the future is not.
Writer Fox, thank you so much for your input. I like to gather lots of opinions to make my decisions. My daughter says I make decisions by vote of the majority. (very democratic of me, don't you think? I never thought about the overdue earthquake question. Wow, if that happened in our complex, we'd have nothing. Thank you again for your input. Cheers to you.
You might get $10,000 if you win the lottery. It's not the kind of thing to base a financial plan on, though. Why don't you just present a counter offer and split the difference: offer a sales price $5,000 more than their last offer. They might go for that. The fact that they countered means that they aren't exactly sure about the purchase, but you have to give them something to encourage them to make a deal. After all, you're the one who put the kink in the transaction by not accepting their first offer. You gave them too much time to think about it. Make a fast counter now before they have time to find another condo. There are thousands of them on the market now (without law suits for shoddy construction).
by Kelly Kline Burnett6 years ago
I think the next 3 months will be the best time ever to purchase a home. Your thoughts?One agent felt that there would be another dip.I asked this question the other night and an established owner of a plumbing...
by Sekharg5 years ago
I see lot of houses for sale.I heard interest rates are lowest.Is it a good idea to buy a house now?What do you think?
by REIMillions5 years ago
There has been many assumptions of when the real estate market will take a turn for the better. If you had pin point an exact year of when that would be what year would you determine and why?
by GA Anderson14 months ago
You work hard to build a fortune that you can pass on to your kids, or otherwise distribute however you desire on your passing. It is your money. Shouldn't you be able to do whatever you want with it, within our legal...
by fdoleac6 years ago
Do you think real estate agents are losing faith in their company brands and the value proposition of a franchise. It seems the trend is moving away from them?
by Wendy Iturrizaga6 years ago
Good morning HubMobsters:A big thanks to all of you who took part on last week's HubMob. I was happy to see so many new HubMobsters joining in the fun. For this week we are going into more serious Hubs, the...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.