jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Let's talk Green

1. 62
    FaveAndRaveposted 7 years ago

When they say GREEN wat does it mean?  Does it mean the old nasty smelling simple green cleaner?  NO...it means earth friendly.  I have tried alot of the new green products and let me say some of them even work better.  Why not give them a try save the earth and clean your house.

1. shanekruger profile image59
      shanekrugerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree with u.

2. apricot profile image81
      apricotposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm with you on that one!!  But I've never tried 'green products' cleaning products - I make my own. 

(The commercial stuff is pretty potent - I don't reckon it's doing the planet any good or us.)

3. Frugal Fanny profile image60
      Frugal Fannyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To be honest, I love the smell of Simple Green, and I love how well it works.  BUT.... if you want to go green and cut your costs dramatically, just use these:  white vinegar (the smell goes away once it has dried), lemon juice, peroxide, or baking soda.... Cleaning will cost you pennies, and they work just as well as any regular cleaner

4. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't mind recycling some, and it's true we should try to preserve the earth as long as it doesn't take precedence over human needs,  but.....sorry, I'm not a champion of "going green".    And the nail in the coffin was Van Jones.   If that's the kind of people who head the "green" agenda, I don't give a whit about it.

1. Lisa HW profile image83
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol   You're probably like me - all greened out.   lol  I can't say I don't give a whit about it, but I'm sick of hearing about it.

5. MikeNV profile image75
      MikeNVposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And the same old corporate polluters are buying up the companies that make them and profiting from them in other ways.

The problem is capitalism is not GREEN.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I agree with you about green products.

I happen to be a "Green Examiner" for Examiner.com. Check out my articles smile

http://www.examiner.com/x-27896-Canada- … g-Examiner

3. blue dog profile image79
    blue dogposted 7 years ago

then of course there's the green building movement:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Straw-Bale-Cons … or-of-Love

4. 0
    jennafawposted 6 years ago

Fascinating because I just wrote a paper on green. Go green! I'm a major support. It's kind of hard for me to use earth friendly products living with a mother who's very old school..

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I'm all greened out.  It's one of those things that happens when all we hear about is one issue non-stop.  I was pretty "green" long before it became an over-used catch-phrase, but at this point I'm starting to find great joy in throwing the occasional plastic aspirin bottle "wildly" in my trash and thinking, "There - that feels good!.   hmm  I'm particularly fed up with the fact that in the US people are having trouble finding toilets that only take one flush, instead of two or three.  I'm also not to happy to waste precious water rinsing out mayonnaise jars and cat-food cans.  (Don't mind me.  I'm in "one of those moods.  hmm).  I really do think people ought to stop with the "green" catch-phrase, though.  I'm not against Earth-friendly practices - just that catch-phrase.   hmm

(In the mood I'm in, maybe I'll go and wildly clean with some Lysol.  lol  )

6. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

I studied environmental issues at college, a long time ago. It is one the the things that has given me such a jaundiced view of the world. We are all doomed. Seriously. Luckily, I will be dead before things get really bad.