1. 60
    Upaddposted 6 years ago

Over half (58 percent) of the UK’s landlords are feeling more confident about the buy-to-let market in December 2009, than they did last month, according to the latest poll  from

Comments made by those respondents feeling more confident included:
    •    The market at the lower end is buoyant, but the high end is very slow to let.
    •    Where I am (the North West), the rental market seems to be holding up fine.

For the 42 percent who are feeling less confident, statements included:
    •    This recession began in Autumn 2007, and it isn’t going to end next year…
    •    I am less confident purely because I have two empty premises on my hands at the moment.
    •    There is too much red tape being invented to protect tenants and no protection for landlords.

Commenting on Upad’s Rental Confidence Index findings, James Davis, company founder and CEO, said: “It’s positive to see that landlords are – for the main part – feeling more confident about the buy-to-let market.

“2009 was a challenging year for the private rental sector – mortgages became scarce, and the shortfalls of amateur landlords were exposed.

“This is our first Rental Confidence Index, and we intend to run them on a monthly basis – polling more than 10,000 landlords. Through them, we can gauge an overview of market optimism. And, I firmly believe that confidence levels will continue to increase throughout 2010.” launched in October 2008, enabling landlords to advertise each property for a one-off cost of £59.  The service then became available to the 1.5 million landlords across the UK in May 2009.

2. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

I hate landlords. I had a very shaddy one, so I bought my own home.