jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

I burnt a tea kettle

1. N. Ramius profile image84
    N. Ramiusposted 6 years ago

I left the tea kettle on and forgot about it. Two weeks ago my dad did the same. So now it's time to shop for our third tea kettle.

And the house smells like burnt rubber and metal.

1. blondepoet profile image80
      blondepoetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I burn saucepan handles and set off the smoke alarms with my cooking at times lol. I can relate to this very well. smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Get one of those electric ones that turns off when the water is hot.

3. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Get an electric kettle, seriously, flick switch, wait 1 minute, pour boiling water.

2. Chaotic Chica profile image86
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

I once set my kitchen on fire....the smoke stain behind the stove is still there even though I don't live there anymore!

3. 0
    sophsposted 6 years ago

Sounds like something I would do! lol

4. Chaotic Chica profile image86
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

In my defense I was learning to cook and it was my first time attempting to fry chicken via stovetop!

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

We have an electric kettle at my house which switches itself off after the water reaches boiling just so those sorts of scenarios don't happen.

6. Chloe Comfort profile image61
    Chloe Comfortposted 6 years ago

Surprised I haven't yet. I always put the kettle on and then get preoccupied and forget about until either my hubby or kids say - "Hey Mom/Pattie - There's this loud noice coming from the kitchen, I think your tea is ready big_smile

Usually I just burn myself when cooking - a family tradition that is continued by my mom, sister and me. It always happens to at least one of us daily. It's a family curse :)Thank goodness they are never too bad.

7. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

feel so much better knowing I am in good company when I burn stuff and forget the tea kettle - I try to remember to put on the timer, but sometimes I forget or go too far away.  I wish I had one of those great big kitchens you see in Sunset with the fireplace and cozy corner where I could be on the computer or hanging out while food is cooking!  the kind that has an island and also a place for a couch!  In fact, a little bedroom right off the big kitchen would be all the house I need!  add a garage to store stuff and park the car - voila!  Kitchen as living space is the way to go!

1. Chaotic Chica profile image86
      Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You just might be on to something here! smile

8. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

I got my daughter an electric hotpot. It's great. Faster than a kettle or microwave but costs the same as a small kettle. $20.00

9. Lady Rose profile image61
    Lady Roseposted 6 years ago

i have one of those kettles that whistles really loud -almost like a train engine would- when the water is boiling. There is no way i can ignore it. IT is so annoying to everyone that it gets taken care of right away. No chance to burn it unless you have a serious hearing problem.

10. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

It's always been a joke in our family that my sister can't have a nice tea kettle because her husband has always gone through them like water (burning them).  She just gave up on the idea of getting a pretty one.

I'm fine with kettles (knock on wood), but a couple of weeks ago I did set my hair on fire (no big damage, though).  smile