jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Creating a nurturing home

1. winter11 profile image58
    winter11posted 6 years ago

I love my home and I love having my family.  I have been married for almost seven years and I have two boys nine years apart and two all white cats that I adore and we newly bought a fish.  I take great pride in how I decorate my home.  Each room I have created to have a cozy, country elegant feel to it.  Each room has soft earth tone colors and I have nice art beautiful paintings in some rooms.  I recently got rid of a hutch I had for years and replaced it with a beautiful country bench in my kitchen.  I love it.  I usually light candles that smell of soft vanilla or something yummy and warm.  I try to create my home as a soft place to fall when my son and husband get home. 
       Yes I would love to own my own home someday with a big back yard and a wrap around front porch with a willow tree in the corner, but for now i use each nook I have to decorate and enjoy, see i figure if you don't appreciate what God gives you then he won't give you more.  So I do love what he has given.

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Winter you are very clever and you do have a loving and nuturing home. All things come with time just remember this is what memories are made of.smile

2. Victoria Dubois profile image60
      Victoria Duboisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I couldn't agree with you more.  In fact I just published a new Hub today that sounds like you and I think alike.  I'm going to start following you & hope you'll do the same.  Good luck & peace to you & your family.

2. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

maybe you should make this a hub.

3. Mekenzie profile image92
    Mekenzieposted 6 years ago

Winter, I love my home too.  You expressed many of my feelings about the home. I also wrote a Hub on decorating your home and I think you should work on one too.  Blessings~

4. myownworld profile image78
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

You could easily add in a few more details, take a few pictures to go along and have a nice hub ready...!
    Welcome here...smile