jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Does anyone ever wonder when a bug will strike?

1. N. Ramius profile image82
    N. Ramiusposted 6 years ago

I just noticed an itching sensation on my forearm and looked to see a bug bite. I'm guessing mosquito or spider. I have no idea how long ago it got me but it did. I didn't see anything and still don't. Nothing flying or crawling around. It's like a mysterious hit and run on my poor skin. Now I gotta deal with itching. How are they so good at getting away undetected?

I think I'm babbling, monologuing or ranting. Not sure which.

2. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Ranting, its common online. Bug bites blow, just ignore them its what I do every time I go to New Hampshire or Maine.

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can ignore a bug bite if it's not a tick bite giving you lyme disease or a mosquito bite giving you eastern equine encephalities.

I'm getting out all of my bug supplies now. Some days I think we should've kept DDT legal - no I really don't mean that. That's fear talking.

1. thranax profile image59
        thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had two ticks when I was younger in Maine, all you do is take a paper towel and put Skin so Soft on it and they fall off.

3. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

I vote for babbling.  Or maybe a hybrid version, babbling + ranting (just a little) = banting. 

That's it.  You're banting.

Since it's about bugs, guess you're bug-banting. 

Now, if you'd heard the thing, if it had a humming sound maybe, and you wrote a full hub about it, that would be, um,

HumBugHubBanting?  lol

About the little buggers being so good at going undetected...sort of survival of the species, doncha think?  Natural selection, and all that.  After all, the mosquito that gets slapped silly lays no eggs on the still pond....

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ghost I've read your hub about creepy crawly things in the dessert. Had nightmares for weeks. I don't think you're afraid of anything!

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

A few weeks ago, thinking the bugs weren't out yet, I opened a window (about two inches) without the screen down (and in the middle of a sunny afternoon).  At least one mosquito got in and bit me.  They don't waste any time.  (Of course, I live in the middle of "Mosquito Land", where you can't go out after dusk and after April, without a bee-keeper suit on.)

5. 0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

If a bug bites you you should put on some antiseptic right away, as you never know what kind of infection it might bring into your blood. Some of them so nasty! I hate bugs.

6. outdoorsguy profile image60
    outdoorsguyposted 6 years ago

well usually they strike when the Local unions get stung over contract negotations.  then they spend a month or so swarming around the company complaining about losing their nest eggs.  before finally calming down. 

only to start it all over again the next time non union bugs show up.  LOL