jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

All The New Gadgets For Easier Drywall Work.

1. Glenn Raymond profile image59
    Glenn Raymondposted 6 years ago

In all the years I have been a drywaller (50 years) I have used all of the older techniques and tools.  This is what I am accustomed to and I do it very well.  I have been noticing a lot of fairly new tools on the market and I am curious about their quallity.  Since I am an "old school" drywaller I do not really want to try them out myself.  I do and like what I have come to trust.

I was wondering however, if anyone here has tried some of these devises for carrying drywall more easily, etc.  If you have, I would love to hear about your experiences with the newer items.  Blessings, Glenn.

1. lightning john profile image60
      lightning johnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What devises, are you talking about?

2. Abecedarian profile image81
      Abecedarianposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A panel carrier is ok. but we find it easier to carry it the old way. A panel lift is great to edge up the paneling for a tighter fit. I don't like the corner trowels much and I still prefer to use the old tape and float method than to use the mudded tape holder.

2. pdxremodeling profile image60
    pdxremodelingposted 6 years ago

Yeah, what new tools are you talking about?

3. lightning john profile image60
    lightning johnposted 6 years ago

Cordless drill ???

4. 59
    aspenmathewposted 6 years ago

There are many drywall tools that have came into existence in the recent years. The technology have been so advanced that you can see everyday development and new gadgets that are been manufactured. I have no hands-on experience with these <a href="http://www.home-improvement-superstore.com/tools-drywall-tools.html">drywall tool</a> , but yes their are many companies that provide you with quality drywall tools and home improvement store can be one of them.