jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Personal interest : Electricity saving tips

1. 61
    suzytwinposted 6 years ago

Being a permanent resident of our dear mother Earth, it is my own personal interest to live an eco-friendly lifestyle; this is part of my responsibility as a tenant of this lovely place.  If everybody has an eco-friendly lifestyle then I for one can say that our dear mother Earth will be a much better, safer and healthier place to live in.  Just like everything else, the start is always is the hardest part when converting to this type of lifestyle but once you get a hang of it, instinct will just take over.

The common question you may ask is how can, I, as an individual can bring a huge impact.  This is my suggestion do not be to concern on the impact you will bring, just be happy that you are contributing to Mother Earth fight for pollution.  This is not a race and every effort count no matter how big or how small.  Things you can consider, Electricity saving at home, by reading and implementing/living the electricity saving tips at home articles.  Keep your vehicle to the best of shape to minimize the pollution it may omit and this I want to stress Recycle, recycle and recycle.  Everybody can do these little task no exemption.

1. TPTravel profile image76
      TPTravelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you, doing little things can add up to significant savings on energy. We had a timer put on our electric hot water heater and set it to be off while we are at work. This small effort saved us $45.00 off our utility bill the month and it continues to save us.
      Every little bit each of us do to save energy and resources can make a big impact.

1. IzzyM profile image84
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Also try turning the thermostat down a notch or two. Saves a fortune.

2. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do all these things anyway. There's nothing quite like a bit of unemployment and lack of money to make us tighten our belts smile

1. pdxremodeling profile image61
        pdxremodelingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

CFL bulbs have saved me over $50 per month on my electricity bill.  Sure they are a little more expensive, but they do last longer and actually save money!

1. 61
          purple cowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes you are right my friend,but they are probably the most environmentally unfriendly product,especially when you need to dispose of them.

2. 61
    suzytwinposted 6 years ago

I would definitely take those into consideration thanks for the input guys

3. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Investigate the opportunities available in renewable energy sources, primarily solar energy. Currently advances in Solar technology are far ahead of other renewable resources in not only application but in affordability.