jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Landscape lighting

1. 61
    purple cowposted 6 years ago

I,m puzzled as to why most landscape designers i meet are not open to the subject of landscape lighting.Is it a cost thing or is it fear of the unknown?
    I would appreciate input on good or bad experiences from landscape designers in relation to this topic.

1. Origin profile image60
      Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm an electrical designer, which sometimes I had to place lighting for the clients because they didn't hire architects or landscape designers to do it. I haven't encountered anyone really against placing lighting or anything, since they wanted their businesses lit at night.

2. Sissi Ravano profile image61
      Sissi Ravanoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Half of my Garden is using the solar light system, the rest with the electricity landscape lighting. Simply just to keep low on the cost of the electricity bill. I would have been wasting money on my 3500 meter2 of my garden. Good few hours of sunny day is enough to make those lights shine during the night arround the garden everyday.

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I'll bet that you have all the answers to your puzzlement in the form of a hub that you've written hmm

Waste of time asking us to shed light on this issue, if you've already flicked the switch .... huh mate? hmm

1. 61
      purple cowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats a very cynical response Pearldiver.
      The question is a legitimate one based on personal experience.
      Not everyone out there wants to make a fast buck,some people are genuine and honest.
      Do you put yourself in that category?

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But some of them aren't?  Your post may be sincere, but it mimics those who only want to spam a forum.  Get it?  The subject just doesn't sound like a good conversation piece, but what do I know?

1. 61
          purple cowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Point taken.
          The way you made it is what matters.

2. Pearldiver profile image86
        Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When you've been here a bit longer, you will notice exactly how spammy your forum post appears to be mate.  I note that Randy has also mentioned this.

You received a response from Pearldiver which I can assure you was not very cynical at all (by my standards lol ). Perhaps 'My Category' eludes you at this point in time? (even though you may feel you know it yikes ) hmm
        Yes.. some are honest and genuine and some are not!!

I honestly hope that you make a genuine effort to do well here.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

part of it is expense. yes, but I do want to put in some of those solar lights in my back yard where it's dark. I realize they need lots of sun during the day?

btw, I see nothing wrong with talking about what you know.