Benefits of Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL)

1. 61
    suzytwinposted 6 years ago

I got a comment about a CFL, so I decided to research CFL effect on the environment this is what I have learned .....

Compact Fluorescent Lamps are popularly known as an energy saving light.  Most homes nowadays are using compact fluorescent lamps.  Aside from the fact that some governments have passed laws already to phase out the incandescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent lamps are environment friendly.  It consumes less energy but lights a lot better than the incandescent bulbs.   Ever since global warming falls on us, CFL is just one of the best inventions that could at least reduce our electricity consumption in our homes.  As had been promoted in television or discussed in schools, if we reduce our energy usage we are also reducing the coal consumption in power plants. In just simply changing our incandescent lamps to CFL, we are at the least minimizing the carbon dioxide emitted into the air.  Thus in that simple move, you are helping our planet.

1. Lighting Guru profile image60
      Lighting Guruposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Make sure that you dispose of them properly.  CFLs have mercury inside of them so just dumping them into the landfill actually creates more toxicity in the environment.

Also be careful if you break them, sometimes this requires a special cleanup as well.