jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

1. thechristianlife profile image59
    thechristianlifeposted 6 years ago

It is a really a world of unsatisfied emotion to me as i am not enjoying my father.
    It seems to me that he is cunning because of what my mother has told me.
    I seldom request anything from him.

please I need your advice out there, although I am old enough but i still feel something within me.

2. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 6 years ago

Advice about what?  Requesting something from him?

3. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

Nothing you find on the web will be a suitable replacement for a father. If you want some general advice on living that father's usually provide, do a Google search for "1001 rules for my unborn son".

4. akirchner profile image94
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

Having an absentee father and finally finding him after 30 some years, I can honestly say that they either 'have it' or they don't.  You can't make someone be a father and you can't get blood from a stone - same thing. 

You of course have to be realistic in your expectations.  Decide what you want a father FOR or qualities you need/want in him and then make a list of pros and cons.  If he measures up on one side or the other, you have your answer.  If he falls in the middle somehow, you probably have an okay father and at most, you'll have to live with it. 

However, if everything falls into the con category (which it totally did for me) - you are better off and although sad and heartbreaking, there is nothing you can do to change that.  Some folks just were not/are not cut out to be parents in my humble opinion and nothing but sperm or egg donors.

5. ahorseback profile image53
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

Looking for an answer here isn't going to work right , Number one go tell him , and ten tell him again,  and then find a way to tell him again , what and how you feel. Period . And if that doesn't work move on in life without him , you may not have years to waste.