jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

solar panel

1. 61
    mitch777posted 6 years ago

I think the potential is there for growth in the market. What are some thoughts on recent activity and immediate growth?

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
      GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have read good things for the swimming pool industry and I have heard for the military the reliability is nil.

The swimming pool industry combines solar with gas for the best possible solution.

If technology can perfect this, if the aesthetics are maintained, there could be great growth.  It must first become standard for the swimming pool industry and it is not there yet - use that as your gauge.

2. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is. But full potential exploitation of solar energy is a question mark?

3. Abecedarian profile image81
      Abecedarianposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In Texas, we have a solar panel field that will power 90,000 homes. Our friends bought a place out around our area and they run their entire home on solar panels and a backup generator for emergencies.  That was 20+ years ago.  We are looking into going solar on our water well and our gate.

4. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. There would be beter potential In bonds and stocks for private and public water companies. I believe that's going to be the next Oil.

2. As electrical storage devices become  beter and beter and the cost drops, you will see Solar as much more feesable and a good return, but buy in positions as early, are much beter than late!

excelent idea, buy in now

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

I keep waiting for more of the giant mirror farms in the deserts.  Seems like such a no brainer, and the technology will get better and better.

3. Petstrel profile image78
    Petstrelposted 6 years ago

Well, not just better and better but also cheaper and cheaper.

1. Mentalist acer profile image60
      Mentalist acerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://www.nanosolar.com/   this company is making solar cost effecient.

4. Better Yourself profile image79
    Better Yourselfposted 6 years ago

With rising costs of energy bills,there is a great potential in solar power. Hopefully they get better and more affordable.

5. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I noticed at the harbor the other day, the boat lifts are powered by solar - this makes sense.

When will we see a solar boat?  No sail, no motor just solar power - I want one!

6. HC0303 profile image62
    HC0303posted 6 years ago

Has anyone really built a solar panel before - how easy or how difficult it was doing so? I always thought it's easier to just buy it but perhaps it's costly and you can save a lot of money just doing it yourself.