jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Are franchises losing their popularity?

1. fdoleac profile image61
    fdoleacposted 6 years ago

Do you think real estate agents are losing faith in their company brands and the value proposition of a franchise.  It seems the trend is moving away from them?

1. Sekharg profile image70
      Sekhargposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't know about the 'the value proposition of a franchise', but many real estate agents are looking for other means of earning income, especially after recent collapse of housing market bubble. Well established agents are surviving, but new one's are having a bit hard time.

fdoleacposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is always up to the agent to be successful and the franchise can only assist with training, support and branding.  It's most likely that B/O's are dropping franchises to cut costs.

2. kathymcgraw profile image60
      kathymcgrawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Having worked for a couple Franchises and on my own..I will say this.  The old model of Real Estate is dying out.  Real Estate of the future is more Agent oriented...more control by the individual agent of "their business" instead of branding the Franchise.

Many Franchises have already seen the trend of  online activities and virtual offices smile

Kathy - That's the direction our company transitioned to.  Dropped RE/MAX after 20 years and opened Virtual Homes Real Estate.  Good luck in your career.

3. Flasch186 profile image61
      Flasch186posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I certainly believe so.  Just within the last year when me and my partners were considering whether to join a brand or launch our own most if not all of our research reinforced the idea of launching our own.  Hence Round Table Realty was born.  We're having a ball and doing what we love!

http://www.RoundTableRealty.com

Congratulations!  I visited your web site - great job!  Good luck with your venture.

working