jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Creative Real Estate Investing Works Great in any Market

1. REIMillions profile image60
    REIMillionsposted 6 years ago

There are so may different ways to profit in Real Estate. Are you all having more success in anyone niche or would (ie short sales, tax sales, or subject to's)? I have noticed that if you do not concentrate in one area your overall effectiveness and production goes down tremendously.

What are your view points? Do you often work a combination of different deal in an almost multi-tasking sort of way or do you really target your niche and concentrate in that area?

I would love to hear everyone's views. Thanks for replying :-)

1. DavidLindahl profile image61
      DavidLindahlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thrive in multi-unit/family apartment complexes.  If done correctly you can generate significant residual income each month.  I have a few apartment complexes that generate $10,000 positive cash flow (cash after all expenses have been paid) EACH MONTH! 

I use contracting companies to help manage each facility, there fore I never have to, personally, collect any rent, change light bulbs, or plunge toilets.

Once you get the process down it leads you down the road to real estate fortune.

2. Tom Bukacek profile image60
    Tom Bukacekposted 5 years ago

First off, I am a huge fan of David and enjoyed his book "Multi-family millions".  A must read.

To answer your question, you must create your focus based on the skills and resources your possess.  I've known people who focus on the subject to owner financing strategy only to realize they hate selling houses.  Or people get into short sales only to realize they hate dealing with the banks.  Find a strategy that you will enjoy doing that works in your market and go with it.

3. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Oh You are a FAN... big_smile

Sorry... at first I thought you were just bumping an ancient thread that deserves to remain buried (given the economic hurt that so many are going through!) sad

Are you sure you aren't subtly spamming the forums in your adoration of someone who has only ever made 1 post here to get a backlink? hmm

1. Tom Bukacek profile image60
      Tom Bukacekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I actually do have his book.  I'm looking forward to someday transferring from single family residences to multi family, but am happy doing what I'm doing now.

Pearldiver, did you respond to me to get a backlink?