Home Decoration

1. Sambland profile image61
    Samblandposted 5 years ago

I have tried to redecorate my grandma's appartment for over 10 years. But it's been so hard to start((( so I decided to begin with a plan and my ideas in writing. Hope it will help...

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A plan is always a good way to start.  List your ideas, look online and in books for pictures and ideas.  There is a lot to think about, and be prepared to compromise... lol, nothing is ever as easy or as inexpensive as you think it will be... don't be afraid to chage your mind.  Some things look really nice in photos, but are impossible to live with... i.e. if you have small children and pets, you might want to rethink the white carpet and the glass coffee table.

Some things you might want to consider before you start... do you want to do the entire appartment or just a room or two, what's your budget and how much can you go over, are your ideas realistic, what colors do you like, what fabrics, how much time and energy are you willing to committ?  Also, since it's grandma's appartment and she has to live with the changes, you will want to get her opinion on things. You might also want to consult a professional.